Nintendo wants to remind you that Super Mario 35 and 3D All-Stars disappear at the end of the month

7dafLWT.png

Even though Mar10 day was just yesterday, and Super Mario Bros. 35 is still getting timed events in-game, Nintendo isn't afraid to alert players that the game will soon go away, forever. The Japanese Nintendo Twitter account sent out a warning reminding everyone that by March 31st, the Super Mario 35th anniversary celebrations will end, leading to the de-listing of the online battle-royale Super Mario Bros. 35, as well as the ability to purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars. While you'll be able to continue playing the latter so long as you purchase it off the eShop, Super Mario Bros. 35's servers will be going down on that date, rendering the game unplayable.

Two other items will also be going away on that date as well: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, a digital release of the NES game, localized for the first time in the west, as well as the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Presumably, physical copies of Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the Game & Watch will be able to still be found in stores, but according to Nintendo, it's only while supplies last.

:arrow: Source

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
When the clock hits 12 on March 31st, Mario will cease to exist
All remaining copies of 3D all-stars will be seized by the secret Nintendo police and anyone found with a copy after March 31st will be executed or sent to labor camps.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
All remaining copies of 3D all-stars will be seized by the secret Nintendo police and anyone found with a copy after March 31st will be executed or sent to labor camps.
Nintendo ninjas are not to be messed with, I emulated an NES game once and then my house was immediately nuked

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally, while I do think delisting digital games is scummy and a big flaw in the medium (one way physical's better), I honestly couldn't care less here. I've never been interested in any of those games - I'm not a multiplayer (or paywall-paying) guy, and 3D All-Stars is inherently garbage because it doesn't have 64 DS or 3D Land in it. Oh, and NES games...eh, so old these days; wasn't alive for that era.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets be fucking real here, after this goes away nintendo is probably gonna be beg baby rage mad because everyone pirated the game 3 nanoseconds after its delisting.
in all seriousness, this is only going to push people to piracy since i can tell you right now that there aren't going to be many copies of 3d all stars out in the wild after it gets taken down.

Last edited by Anxiety_timmy,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Nintendo ninjas are not to be messed with, I emulated an NES game once and then my house was immediately nuked
It wasn't Nintendo unless they also planted "bad stuff" on your computer. It's kind of their calling card.

/s if that wasn't clear.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't Nintendo unless they also planted "bad stuff" on your computer. It's kind of their calling card.

/s if that wasn't clear.
Thanks, now I have an excuse for when I go to jail for possessing that stuff

(For legal reasons, that's a joke)

Reactions: banjo2

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and 3D All-Stars is inherently garbage because it doesn't have 64 DS or 3D Land in it.
I... what

I love 3D Land to death but come on, really?

Frankly surprised those two were the go-tos here and not the usual "where's Galaxy 2???"

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I... what

I love 3D Land to death but come on, really?

Frankly surprised those two were the go-tos here and not the usual "where's Galaxy 2???"
...You don't know me that well, then, because I don't like either Galaxy game. Dysfunctional motion controls making a small number of Stars PitAs to obtain; the stupid 3-HP nerf, compared to 64 (DS) and Sunshine's 8; Rosalina's very existence; power-ups being timed/limited in use; missions with a timer having a very strict timer; cannot obtain Stars in whatever order I desire, unlike 64 DS.

The Galaxy duo are awful, in my opinion. That's why I didn't add Galaxy 2 to that list - 64 DS and 3D Land and Super Paper Mario are all much better "3D Mario" games, by far.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can't believe they didn't get around to adding Galaxy 2 to 3D All-Stars in a whole year's time. Makes it relatively worthless compared to just owning the games individually.
Firstly, "or adding 64 DS to make it even slightly worthwhile".
Secondly, why would they, when they're just gonna delist it?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably the games will be available on virtual console in a near future
The Switch doesn't have VC - since Nintendo'd rather limit it to old-ass NES and some SNES games behind the stupid and unnecessary online paywall they constructed a year after the system's launch.
Still pissed off about that, too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Secondly, why would they, when they're just gonna delist it?
Why does a company do anything? More profit. Collectors like to feel like they're getting not just a limited edition product, but also a complete product, and without Galaxy 2, 3D All-Stars is not that. Casual consumers like to feel like they're getting a deal, and Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy are all less than $20 on eBay, so the price breakdown isn't great for them either. Lastly, if you're gonna play ROM versions of these games anyway, you might as well do it on PC and reap the benefits of improved resolution, performance, and customization options.

For all these reasons and more, I don't see 3D All-Stars generating even half of the demand it could have.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch doesn't have VC - since Nintendo'd rather limit it to old-ass NES and some SNES games behind the stupid and unnecessary online paywall they constructed a year after the system's launch.
Still pissed off about that, too.

I've beaten a couple snes games like breath of fire. that was a fun romp down memory lane. I've never played a switch game online though. my main reason for an nso subscription is cloud saving. my first switch encountered a power surge, and it died. I lost all of my saves. Nintendo apologized for it, since it was still under warranty. I've gotten all saves back (even better) except octopath traveler and xenoblade chronicles 2. I had over 100 hours in octopath on my last chapter 4, and I had about 35 hours in xenoblade chronicles 2. it really pissed me off when that happened, so I vowed not to let it happen again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo said my nand got corrupted, so they were unable to salvage the saved data.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've beaten a couple snes games like breath of fire. that was a fun romp down memory lane. I've never played a switch game online though. my main reason for an nso subscription is cloud saving. my first switch encountered a power surge, and it died. I lost all of my saves. Nintendo apologized for it, since it was still under warranty. I've gotten all saves back (even better) except octopath traveler and xenoblade chronicles 2. I had over 100 hours in octopath on my last chapter 4, and I had about 35 hours in xenoblade chronicles 2. it really pissed me off when that happened, so I vowed not to let it happen again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo said my nand got corrupted, so they were unable to salvage the saved data.
Launch-model Switch units can run homebrew - and Checkpoint - for free local save backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative