Nintendo wants to remind you that Super Mario 35 and 3D All-Stars disappear at the end of the month

7dafLWT.png

Even though Mar10 day was just yesterday, and Super Mario Bros. 35 is still getting timed events in-game, Nintendo isn't afraid to alert players that the game will soon go away, forever. The Japanese Nintendo Twitter account sent out a warning reminding everyone that by March 31st, the Super Mario 35th anniversary celebrations will end, leading to the de-listing of the online battle-royale Super Mario Bros. 35, as well as the ability to purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars. While you'll be able to continue playing the latter so long as you purchase it off the eShop, Super Mario Bros. 35's servers will be going down on that date, rendering the game unplayable.

Two other items will also be going away on that date as well: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, a digital release of the NES game, localized for the first time in the west, as well as the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Presumably, physical copies of Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the Game & Watch will be able to still be found in stores, but according to Nintendo, it's only while supplies last.

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
In all seriousness, I'd love to see Oracle remasters

Oh man... If they teamed with Capcom again and remade the Oracles games like they did with Link's Awakening, I'd buy them both in a heartbeat.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK the game & watch came out originally at £49.99 (the price we bought at), yesterday there were 3 UK companies that I know of selling at £29.99 (one at £24.99 with a code)

Although I already own 1 of them which is still sealed, I think if I could pick up another one clearance sub £20 I'd buy another one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the UK the game & watch came out originally at £49.99 (the price we bought at), yesterday there were 3 UK companies that I know of selling at £29.99 (one at £24.99 with a code)

Although I already own 1 of them which is still sealed, I think if I could pick up another one clearance sub £20 I'd buy another one.
Mine is also sealed. My 30th anniversary fire emblem thing is sealed too.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man... If they teamed with Capcom again and remade the Oracles games like they did with Link's Awakening, I'd buy them both in a heartbeat.

My dream is a full remake in the style of Link's Awakening with Moosh / Ricky / Dimitri amiibo and a collectors edition with an artbook and Din / Nayru figures.

plz nintendo plz

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I already have the games in 3D all starts in their original consoles and even still works. Well one of my Wii consoles overheats but the other is fine.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario 35 was quiet funny, but 3D All-Stars whoooooo?
3D All-Stars sucks so bad. Sunshine's controls are butchered to hell, for one thing, but in general the controls feel so sloppy on any controller you play with. Then the fact that the reverse-engineered SM64 is leagues ahead of the turd they flopped onto this collection release honestly made it the worst $60 I've ever spent on a game. I should have just left it wrapped in plastic and sold it down the road to collectors.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow I can't believe Nintendo is actually gonna kill Mario

They are killing a free online game and 3 games that run on emulation in the Switch.

It wouldn't surprise me if the games in 3D All Stars get released later on Virtual Console only separately and more expensive that just buying 3D All Stars.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They are killing a free online game and 3 games that run on emulation in the Switch.

It wouldn't surprise me if the games in 3D All Stars get released later on Virtual Console only separately and more expensive that just buying 3D All Stars.
Nope. They're killing Mario. Gun to the head, blammo. No more Mario games after March, very sad. My dad who works for Nintendo as the resident IP executioner told me so.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woooo can hopefully profit from the 2 I put away. Got 2 copies delivered, zero temptation to open em, ordered purely for gain down the line

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

Even though Mar10 day was just yesterday, and Super Mario Bros. 35 is still getting timed events in-game, Nintendo isn't afraid to alert players that the game will soon go away, forever. The Japanese Nintendo Twitter account sent out a warning reminding everyone that by March 31st, the Super Mario 35th anniversary celebrations will end, leading to the de-listing of the online battle-royale Super Mario Bros. 35, as well as the ability to purchase Super Mario 3D All-Stars. While you'll be able to continue playing the latter so long as you purchase it off the eShop, Super Mario Bros. 35's servers will be going down on that date, rendering the game unplayable.

Two other items will also be going away on that date as well: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, a digital release of the NES game, localized for the first time in the west, as well as the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Presumably, physical copies of Super Mario 3D All-Stars and the Game & Watch will be able to still be found in stores, but according to Nintendo, it's only while supplies last.

:arrow: Source
Oh it is so sad seeing Nintendo giving the middle finger to great games

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I should have just left it wrapped in plastic and sold it down the road to collectors.

That's my plan. Keeping my copy sealed, and playing the XCI I acquired by less-than-legitimate means. Sell the sealed copy 30 or 40 years from now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16