NULL

Nintendo unveils Mario Odyssey & Breath of the Wild Labo VR compatibility

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Apr 5, 2019.

1. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I agree with all of this. I don't know why anyone other than a child would be interested in this. I struggle to even call it "VR". It's more like playing a game through one of these:

[​IMG]

2. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp's Personal Computer Wiz

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Lol I probably wont even use it. Never used the Virtual Boy and it was a complete failure. And how do you know this VR is gonna be bad? Can't judge them from the past. Alot has changed.

3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Am I the only person who wants a '' Pokémon Snap 2 '' for the VR Labo?,
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, look at this, this is perfect for a Pokémon Snap !! I would buy this without even thinking twice

Besides that as I said before, Mario Kart 8 ( or maybe Mario Kart 9/Mario Kart VR ) would also be an excellent game for the VR, there are mods for the Mario Kart Wii that show how much the concept would be fantastic

I believe that although the quality is not the best because of the resolution of the Nintendo Switch, it will still be a success, the VR Kit costs only 40 $, this is extremely cheap, many people here in Brazil have standing behind with VR for being something extremely expensive and the price x benefit is not worth, VR Labo can be a great opportunity for anyone who has never had contact with VR to have their first experience and different from VRs for smartphones you can play Nintendo games instead of bland mini games.

My only fear is that the Nintendo Switch is not fully capable of holding the VR, Breath of the Wild VR at 30fps (with drops) does not seem to me so good and maybe even dizzy and nauseous, but maybe Nintendo is just ' preparing ground '' for a possible Switch Pro in which it would perfectly support the VR.

4. Gunstorm

Gunstorm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    is really cool see other console gammers crying here xD

Rizzorules likes this.
  5. pitterpatter

pitterpatter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    is that a cardboard camera or a death canon?

JavaScribe likes this.
  6. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    It seems like they know this will suck and are selling it anyways. They hope to make a quick buck off thousands of people who will try this for the gimmick and toss it aside. That's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a company selling mail order sea monkeys in the back of comic books. I'm disappointed in Nintendo to say the least.

7. YTPizzer

YTPizzer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2019
    Australia
    I can't even comprehend what negative 180p would be

JavaScribe and Xzi like this.
  8. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    ~ is the symbol meaning "roughly/about," though on this forum it is kind of hard to distinguish from the minus symbol -. :lol:

JavaScribe and YTPizzer like this.
  9. YTPizzer

YTPizzer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2019
    Australia
    Oh, well... Definitely shows that that was literally the first reply I've ever made on this site :rofl: sorry about that

Xzi likes this.
  10. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I mean, you could always read the actual information on the kit and what it includes, rather than "guess"ing to try and backup your invalid (inaccurate) criticisms.

11. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    I like how the commercial features a white boy playing with his cardboard, then out of no where, a young woman from India shows up, as if they are related or...
    ...as if she's a stranger, possibly tripping on acid, and REALLY into what this white boy is doing. In fact it would seem to me that the boy's relationship with his Nintendo products, is of very high priority in this woman's life, and you might even say that she is empty, and nothing without this boy, the cardboard, and his prolonged happiness with it.
    Though, let us presume that the Zen Buddhists and Jesus were correct in saying that the ever fleeting things of this world can not bring us lasting happiness, and so long as we are distracted by their finite pleasures, we detract our selves from Nirvana, or Heaven if you will, and thus find our selves in misery because of that thing that used to bring us such joy. And if that is the case, then does not the cardboard need to eventually be replaced in order that a new joy will be found via another finite distraction, and so on and so forth. And if that is the case, what will become of all the old cardboard we toss out, along with everything else associated with the cardboard, such as our Switches. And what will become of this lady who's happiness depends solely upon this boy, and the happiness he continues to received through the cardboard. Will she kill her self, might she kill the boy for turning his back on the cardboard? How will things play out?!

I want to know, I want a sequel to this commercial already! And damn it if forced multiculturalism doesn't confuse the heck out of me. Before, people were just people to me, I didn't think of them so much as by what sex, race, sexual persuasion they were, and so on. Though now, because this is form of attention that has been made manifest as of late, it is nearly impossible to prevent the mind from going there. Yet when I stop talking to people, bury my head in books, and long cycle rides, I find my mind slowly ridding itself of the trash, as the it instead redirected towards those things I love and have a passion for.

But the girl in this commercial... will she be all right, and the boy, has his blood been spilled? I got to know!

12. D4X

D4X Ultra 64

Sep 9, 2016
    Australia
    Oh HELL yeah! I'd be all over a Nintendo Labo Pokemon Snap VR! Would be amazing to hear if Nintendo had something like this in the works.

Moon164 and Glyptofane like this.
  13. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    [​IMG]
    can't wait

14. garyopa

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    There is good chance for all this VR stuff to working nicely, big 'N' will roll out another 'major' firmware update. -- My guess we will see 8.0 roll out on April 8th, few days before the first VR kits come out on the 11th.

Moon164 likes this.
  15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Just gonna quote this because chances are high that you will be wrong because you've literally never gotten this right before.
    Before anyone quotes me, prove me wrong before attacking my character. Gary has made countless claims before and needs to be held accountable for them.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Apr 6, 2019
  16. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Absolutely no reason for you to think that. Review units of Labo VR are out, the cart doesn't include a new firmware.

17. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Glad I am not the only one who though of that!

weatMod likes this.
  18. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I almost want to look for those old threads on "Nintendo Switch will never support VR" BS and straight state that I told you so. Nintendo would sure go for the gimmick, even if it is 90p per eye.

19. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    here idk
    But they'd need a more powerful system for that to go well... almost like a hardware revision.

20. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    LOL, as if.

JavaScribe likes this.
NULL