Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
propad2.jpg

QUOTE said:
With information only currently residing on Nintendo's Japanese website, there's no word yet on price, or a firm release date (just that it's coming this year). The Classic Controller Pro differs from the original Classic Controller by adding some extra shoulder buttons, spacing the thumbsticks out a bit more and introducing some hand grips.

Should make playing those GameCube and N64 games a damn sight easier.

News Source: Kotaku

Update: Looks like Europe may not get the controller for a long time, so I would advise importing!

QUOTEDid you fall in love with the Classic Controller Pro when we showed it to you last night? Well, unless you plan on importing it, you might not get one. Right now, Nintendo of Europe has “no plans at the moment” for release. We haven’t heard from Nintendo of America, but I can bet you that they’ll say the exact same thing. Just keep an eye on Play-Asia and NCSX…you can import one from there.

News Source: GoNintendo

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jiggah said:
OMG! A white Sony controller for the Wii. Are people gonna call Nintendo genius for such a design?
you know that the Sony controller is basically just a black SNES controller with two extra button, right?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God damn it! I bought a classic controller as well as a grip attachment just to gt something similar. I wonder if Nintendo made a way to use the wii remote in gamecube mode (which I doubt). I hope 3rd partys will see this and feel they don't need to force motion controls for every game.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
Jiggah said:
OMG! A white Sony controller for the Wii. Are people gonna call Nintendo genius for such a design?
you know that the Sony controller is basically just a black SNES controller with two extra button, right?

Uh... no not really. It has the extra shoulder buttons originally then made the switch to having the dual analog+rumble, which basically set it apart from any other controllers to date and has basically been the standard it looks a lot like that one up there. I'm 100% sure that the SNES controller did not look close to that, had one for years. This design even incorporates the odd jugging out of the bottom like the ps2. Had they stuck to something more along the lines of the classic controller just to the right of it then it would be fine, but seriously their excuse is that they mashed up the wavebird with the classic controller?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Taking a glance at those pictures...

This fixes the cord coming out the opposite direction from usual. But looking at the face buttons, I worry.

The original classic controller had its face buttons positioned just a little strange. Which greatly throws me off, since it's not quite like SNES or PSX.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jiggah said:
You realize it was both Sony and Nintendo that worked on the original playstation... Why else would the PS1 controller be a rip of the SNES.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I always wanted to buy a second one.
Really just a redesign thankfully.

Too bad more Wii games don't use it anyway though.

Still, it kinda looks like two Classic controllers stuck together.....

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.......

"We put in a Classic Controller in your Classic Controller so now you can play games while you play games!"

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's very interesting... Seeing as many people love the GC controller, that, combined with the WiiMote and the Classic is a pretty cool idea.

It has an uncanny resemblance to the PlayStation controllers though... But who cares? If it makes gameplay better, I sure won't mind.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Looks better than the original, but I really wish they'd just make a wide release of the SNES pad from Club Nintendo. The GameCube pad works fine for N64 games, but I don't like either it or the Classic Controller for SNES games.

D

Deleted User

So do I get my money back for the first 'classic controller' which I bought in good faith? Wish Nintendo would get it right the first time. How many versions of the Gameboy was there? 6?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I prefer the original design, as I hate prongs on a controller you have to hold in a variety of ways.
But yes, it was
SNES Controller -> Sony adds painful prongs and a second pair of shoulder buttons -> Nintendo releases N64 controller with analog stick -> Sony adds TWO sticks in Japan -> Nintendo releases Rumble Pak -> Sony adds "Shock" function with similar vibration, but two motors -> DualShock becomes the reference model for controllers.

So, to sum it up, Sony took a SNES controller and put everything Nintendo developed in twice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2