Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo Treehouse Live announced for tomorrow

EjrKc2DXYAEWm04.jpeg

Following up on their Super Smash Bros. Ultimate-focused livestreams from last week, Nintendo announced today the return of Nintendo Treehouse Live tomorrow at 10 a.m. PT. The livestream will feature two segments, one a "deep dive" on Pikmin 3 Deluxe, the upcoming Switch port of the Wii U title, followed by the reveal of a new stage and gameplay details on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, the Musou-styled Breath of the Wild prequel. Pikmin 3 Deluxe will release October 30, 2020 and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is due out November 20, 2020.

You can watch the presentation on Nintendo's YouTube channel here.

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it's not like non linear dungeons can't be good. link between worlds is an example I absolutely adore. I really do still hope they keep up doing both 2d and 3d zelda's in tandem as they both have there individual pros and cons that I feel make them unique enough to do so
Link between Worlds is comfort food! I think we can only hope that BoTW 2 either goes back to to the OOT style or improves BoTW system.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link between Worlds is comfort food! I think we can only hope that BoTW 2 either goes back to to the OOT style or improves BoTW system.
even if twilight princess kinda got shamed for it XD but if it's a good format that works then why not

MaxToTheMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if twilight princess kinda got shamed for it XD but if it's a good format that works then why not
TWP gets so much hate for being what people asked for lol.
Fans: "Give a realistic Zelda! Give us back OOT!"
Also fans: "This is shit and it hate it."

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TWP gets so much hate for being what people asked for lol.
Fans: "Give a realistic Zelda! Give us back OOT!"
Also fans: "This is shit and it hate it."
Except for me; my first Legend of Zelda game was Ocarina of Time 3D, and while I did enjoy it for a time, the early-game tedium - how slow it is to traverse Hyrule without Epona or any warp songs - eventually got to me.
When I later got Twilight Princess Wii, I initially couldn't get past the fishing tutorial since I didn't understand it; some time afterward, it clicked, and since then I've adored Twilight Princess.
So much better than any other Legend of Zelda game I've played, honestly; I love this version of Hyrule, I like the story, the dungeons are great, the Wolf is quite fun to use, the combat is far more varied and interesting than in any other game in the series...I can't see why anyone would dislike this treasure.

Twilight Princess is THE pinnacle of 3D Zelda, with The Wind Waker coming second and Majora's Mask third (for 2D Zelda, it's Link's Awakening first, then A Link Between Worlds second).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the only AAA first party games that are ports and exist on other consoles is breath of the wild and the deluxe series
just becuase you dont like them doesnt make them bad games theya re still AAA releaes
fire emblem three houses
xenoblade chronicles 2
Luigi mansion 3
pokemon sword/shield
yoshi crafted world
Arms
kirby star allies
octopath traveler
tetris 99
astral chain
ring fit adventure
animal crossing new horizons

and i could go on and on, lol saying SMO is the only switch first party AAA title is ridiculous imo.
Pokemon Sword/Shield ARE bad games, though - severely content-anemic and clearly rushed 3DS ports that expect customers to pay $60 on an Expansion Pass to get access to most (not all) of the missing Pokemon and NONE of the unusable moves (most of the data's still there; they just can't be used in battle, stupidly enough).

Also Animal Crossing now lacks Resetti's rants. Worst AC game evar; series ruined

Lastly please work on your spelling; there's multiple errors in just one sentence. How am I supposed to take you seriously with so many squiggly red lines?

Reactions: MaxToTheMax

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except for me; my first Legend of Zelda game was Ocarina of Time 3D, and while I did enjoy it for a time, the early-game tedium - how slow it is to traverse Hyrule without Epona or any warp songs - eventually got to me.
When I later got Twilight Princess Wii, I initially couldn't get past the fishing tutorial since I didn't understand it; some time afterward, it clicked, and since then I've adored Twilight Princess.
So much better than any other Legend of Zelda game I've played, honestly; I love this version of Hyrule, I like the story, the dungeons are great, the Wolf is quite fun to use, the combat is far more varied and interesting than in any other game in the series...I can't see why anyone would dislike this treasure.

Twilight Princess is THE pinnacle of 3D Zelda, with The Wind Waker coming second and Majora's Mask third (for 2D Zelda, it's Link's Awakening first, then A Link Between Worlds second).

Pokemon Sword/Shield ARE bad games, though - severely content-anemic and clearly rushed 3DS ports that expect customers to pay $60 on an Expansion Pass to get access to most (not all) of the missing Pokemon and NONE of the unusable moves (most of the data's still there; they just can't be used in battle, stupidly enough).

Also Animal Crossing now lacks Resetti's rants. Worst AC game evar; series ruined

Lastly please work on your spelling; there's multiple errors in just one sentence. How am I supposed to take you seriously with so many squiggly red lines?
not sure how serious everything you say is given the resetti comment...unless it was actually a joke and I'm just being dense o.0

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
not sure how serious everything you say is given the resetti comment...unless it was actually a joke and I'm just being dense o.0
The Pokemon part was serious.

The Animal Crossing part is somewhat jokey, but I do think the lack of Resetti's rants is quite disappointing, since I always did love them - I'd even reset just to hear him go on. Did that so many times on both GameCube and New Leaf. Goddamn autosave...and making him optional in New Leaf was also dumb since he's by far the best guy in the series, but at least you could build his place and get his rants after a bit. Can't even do that in New Horizons...ugh.

Oh, and the first post, about Legend of Zelda? Also serious.

MaxToTheMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Animal Crossing part is somewhat jokey, but I do think the lack of Resetti's rants is quite disappointing, since I always did love them - I'd even reset just to hear him go on. Did that so many times on both GameCube and New Leaf. Goddamn autosave...and making him optional in New Leaf was also dumb since he's by far the best guy in the series, but at least you could build his place and get his rants after a bit. Can't even do that in New Horizons...ugh.
You are just full of unpopular opinions, aren't ya? I might not agree, but I enjoy reading hearing the other side! :D

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You are just full of unpopular opinions, aren't ya? I might not agree, but I enjoy reading hearing the other side! :D
I've come to accept that my opinions are often unpopular. It's unfortunate, but what can ya do? I just like what I like, and loathe whatever makes me feel unwanted frustration or rage, or just doesn't work whatsoever.

The Wii was Nintendo's worst console, the Wii U was far better since it killed off dysfunctional motion controls, the Switch has awful controllers and implemented an online paywall a year after release, the Xbox line has always had truly awful GUIs and controllers, I hate violent and aggressive women, the New 3DS XL was Nintendo's best handheld, Super Mario Galaxy was bottom-tier trash with so many idiotic design decisions, Nintendo's mobile games are avaricious garbage, I cannot stand tomatoes whatsoever, I find veganism to be nonsensical since we're omnivores not herbivores and thus we're meant to consume animal products, religions are cults and should be recognised and shut down as such, third-wave feminism is cancer and has led to the belittling and ignoring of many male-related issues, Xenoblade Chronicles feels like a singleplayer MMO and just isn't anywhere near as good as Xenoblade Chronicles 2...

MaxToTheMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come to accept that my opinions are often unpopular. It's unfortunate, but what can ya do? I just like what I like, and loathe whatever makes me feel unwanted frustration or rage, or just doesn't work whatsoever.

The Wii was Nintendo's worst console, the Wii U was far better since it killed off dysfunctional motion controls, the Switch has awful controllers and implemented an online paywall a year after release, the Xbox line has always had truly awful GUIs and controllers, I hate violent and aggressive women, the New 3DS XL was Nintendo's best handheld, Super Mario Galaxy was bottom-tier trash with so many idiotic design decisions, Nintendo's mobile games are avaricious garbage, I cannot stand tomatoes whatsoever, I find veganism to be nonsensical since we're omnivores not herbivores and thus we're meant to consume animal products, religions are cults and should be recognised and shut down as such, third-wave feminism is cancer and has led to the belittling and ignoring of many male-related issues, Xenoblade Chronicles feels like a singleplayer MMO and just isn't anywhere near as good as Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
YO WAIT I SUPER AGREE WITH SOME OF THOSE! I don't like the Xbone, SMG is over hyped, I hate the phone games, FUCK TOMATOES, FUCK VEGANS, (not touching the political stuff)

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As for positive opinions, my favourite Mario games are 3D Land, 64 DS, and Super Paper Mario, though I also quite like M&L Dream Team (the only M&L game I've been able to enjoy, oddly enough). Paper Mario Sticker Star isn't good by any stretch, though I do find it more enjoyable than the first two PM games.
I also think OkamiDen to be severely unappreciated, especially since it's unfortunately a DS-exclusive despite Okami HD now being everywhere.
I find cheesing my way through Pokemon Picross to be somewhat relaxing, and Spyro 1 and 2 in Reignited to be the best of the trilogy (the third has quite a few bugbears that ruin it for me).
When playing Fire Emblem, I prefer to use Casual or Phoenix mode, since it allows me to actually train my characters and experience who they are as individuals through Support conversations - also because perma-death is dumb and frustrating garbage, but it's not the right time for that.

My favourite sauces are barbecue, mayonnaise, tartare, ranch, and Thousand Island - speaking of sauces, back before the pandemic, I used to visit Subway for breakfast a lot (before my morning uni class started). My favourite sandwich was Italian Herbs & Cheese, toasted, with bacon and egg, then avocado added after the toasting, with Thousand Island sauce. Dunno why Subway took the Thousand Island away somewhat-recently, but after that bit of idiocy occurred I had ranch instead, from memory.

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YO WAIT I SUPER AGREE WITH SOME OF THOSE! I don't like the Xbone, SMG is over hyped, I hate the phone games, FUCK TOMATOES, FUCK VEGANS, (not touching the political stuff)
I will die on the mario galaxy mountain and you can't stop me. Wha Hoo throught space forever Mario!!! Wha Hoo on!

Oh, and the first post, about Legend of Zelda? Also serious.
perhaps liking him cause he was one of the few characters who wasn't afraid to give you some sass

MaxToTheMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will die on the mario galaxy mountain and you can't stop me. Wha Hoo throught space forever Mario!!! Wha Hoo on!

perhaps liking him cause he was one of the few characters who wasn't afraid to give you some sass
Galaxy is good, I just don't think it is like... amazing. I am actually playing through it right now!
And I like Resetti's sass, but more importantly his ass.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Still no Metroid i see. Welp...i guess this showcase automatically sucks!
Wake me up when they have something Metroid related instead of these hype-train titles.

tofttwaswas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is Age Of Calamity BOTW2? Or is there going to be an actual sequel for BOTW, instead of a Hyrule Warriors game with BOTW graphics?

Why no Pikmin 4? Just wait... the next N console we'll get Deluxe versions of all the Switch games, for people that didn't buy a Switch but buy the new one. I mean, thy wouldn't want anyone to miss out. "Super Mario 3D All-Stars Deluxe!!! Now featuring Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!"
They have been developing it for a long time now, and just now we are getting a remastered version of it? It seems really bad for Pikmin 4.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
The Wii was Nintendo's worst console, the Wii U was far better since it killed off dysfunctional motion controls

That’s going too far, you can have an unnatural hate for women, that’s fine, but hating wii is too far

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
So is Age Of Calamity BOTW2? Or is there going to be an actual sequel for BOTW, instead of a Hyrule Warriors game with BOTW graphics?

They have been developing it for a long time now, and just now we are getting a remastered version of it? It seems really bad for Pikmin 4.
It’s a prequel

Still no Metroid i see. Welp...i guess this showcase automatically sucks!
Wake me up when they have something Metroid related instead of these hype-train titles.
You are going to be sleeping for a looooooooooooooong time buddy, Nintendo seems to have completely forgotten about Metroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...