heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendov.jpg

Nintendo's plans for a new Research and Development facility in Kyoto requires a massive 16.5 billion yen (£127 million) investment from the Wii and Nintendo 3DS maker, according to Japanese paper Nikkei.

The publication first reported on the facility back in 2009, noting a 12 billion yen investment.

Work on the facility will begin in January 2012 and Nintendo aims to complete the build by the end of 2013.

The complex will feature eight floors and should house 1,500 people.

With the huge facility Nintendo aims to strengthen its hardware and software development by bringing all its staff under one roof, rather than being split between the Kyoto Research Center R&D facility and its main office. Keeping everyone in the same building should allow developers to more easily communicate information, believes Nintendo.[/p]

Source

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'd imagine this will make development time fairly quicker with all of them in the same building.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'd imagine this will make development time fairly quicker with all of them in the same building.
What he said.
But really, I don't think this will really be a big improvement.

D

Deleted-273695

It's a good move but won't change much except for time which Nintendo isn't good at using well enough.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean they'll be hiring? 'Cause I've got some ideas kicking around that'd be worth pursuing and I need to get out of my current job before the stress of it either kills me or disables my sense of morality resulting in my bludgeoning my boss to death with a label gun.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i guess what ppl thought about it at first will change significantly esp since they want to know more about this tech than what they do know. its like they made the tech and now are figuring out what it can do and not how to do what we want to do

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think this is a extended solution due the Japan's last months crisis, which may have also affected Nintendo R&D / Software Development.

A nice move

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: