Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Assassination said:
3ds is gonna be a big sale
cool.gif
. One thing i need say....Nintendo need to man up and release some games with blood in it!... instead of all these kiddy games.(not mario)
The Wii has lots of bloody games, just the DS doesn't.

It's not just blood.Things like homosexuality, sex, and religion are usually removed in the North America version.I guess soccer Moms and parents and fundamentalist Christian are too concern about there children entertainment so they what to censor the games from children.This already happen in games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo removed the red blood and replaced by green blood because some parents complained that blood should't belong in a E rated game.Also the the shield called Mirror Shield was changed because it was a crescent moon and star. This symbol angered Muslims again because it is similar to a symbol on the flag of the country of Pakistan, a mostly Muslim country.

Also censorship tend to happen in anime that is in North America which is annoying.

Also I forgot to mention that in the late 80/early 90s North America censor MANY video games that was released on there console and made it to North America.Since there were no rating system back then they feel the need to put a strict censoring rule for all games that come out in North America on there systems.

Here is the link for the history of North America of Nintendo Censorship

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/Nintendo.php

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for them to release the new system this fall. Consumers like new things. The DSi was produced to keep things fresh, and to extend the DS platform a little longer till the new system arrived.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rumor has it that its definitely due this year.
Its been going for awhile now infact so might be more fact than fiction.
We'll know for sure after E3 but who knows, they could always run into a snag when Sony releases the Sony Dual Screen Heat sensor breathalizer this summer out of nowhere and Nintendo has to change things up.

I'm gonna bet on it releasing this year and save my money for it rather than get a DSiXL like I was planning on.
Hopefully the machine will get hacked fast enough.
I can't stand a game console without homebrew.

Though you know, if they could imrpove the graphics and what not and delay it till next year that would be fine too.
The DS sells so well, it wouldn't hurt them a bit to make a portable Wii.
Heck they could probably manage something close to Xbox360 graphics if they actualy tried.
I mean it is 2010 game tech is five years or so old now.
But thats just dreaming.
Just hoping it'll look nicer than the PSP does and the graphics on that are keeping up well enough.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
oh, awesome. gotta remeber not to spend all my cash before then
tongue.gif

will the oct release be N.A, Europe and Japan or just japan and then the rest of the world gets it later like dsi?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best news I've heard all month.
But I do have trouble believing it. Take a look at the DS release dates:
QUOTE said:
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 11/20/04 US
DS Hardware Nintendo 12/02/04 JP
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 02/24/05 AU
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 03/11/05 EU
As you can see, Europe did not get the DS until almost 4 months after the US release. Nintendo probably does have their reasons for not doing a worldwide release.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
Best news I've heard all month.
But I do have trouble believing it. Take a look at the DS release dates:
QUOTE said:
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 11/20/04 US
DS Hardware Nintendo 12/02/04 JP
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 02/24/05 AU
DS Hardware Nintendo NTR-001 03/11/05 EU
As you can see, Europe did not get the DS until almost 4 months after the US release. Nintendo probably does have their reasons for not doing a worldwide release.
Well, considering how much of a strain there was on production of the DS originally due to an insanely high popularity, and the overall total figures of DS console sales since initial launch including the revisions is a testament to how much work Nintendo is going to have to put into in order to get a world wide launch done and have it be successful. They need to market it as soon as E3 is over if they plan on an October release, since that is 6 months away from now and they will be about 4 months away after E3 and they better have some games ready for it so they don't leave players out to dry with very little to offer at launch. Not to mention they have to produce enough units to satisfy initial pre-orders and still have extras in case that it does spark a high demand.

I can see Nintendo releasing it in Japan and North America at first though, and maybe delaying a Europe launch until November in order to hit the holiday season of big sales. Nintendo honestly would be nuts to try and launch a hand held next March, after the holiday season is long over.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is true. If it is true, I know what I want for Christmas! If they are looking at an October release date do you think they are trying to compete with Microsoft's natal? This holiday season is going to be expensive.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is pretty big news/rumour. If half of these rumours are true, I honestly can't wait for the 3 big press conferences, especially Nintendo's.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I ain't going to believe a lick of this until it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Sure I can hope, but hope and believing are two different things.
wink.gif

EDIT: A few mistakes (typing on a keyboard in the dark FTW)

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Remember that Pokemon will have a special treatment. So the Pokemon Black and White has a 3DS special feature or something?

WHY?!!!! I want to buy the DSi XL but the 3DS is coming soon. Perhaps next year. Oh wait, I'll just the DSi XL and buy the 3DS next year.

still...good news for an early release

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
a resolution of 854x480 (which about lines up with the Gamecube-tier graphics rumours). How will a DS game look scaled up to that resolution?
Physical size will matter more than the resolution, as a virtual pixel's size can be doubled to two physical without any distortion.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it may be true, from what im putting together, CVG has gotten in touch with or leaked info from 'These UK trade sources'? Nintendo's told them to get ready for a big launch as they be releasing their latest console sometime in October. I wouldn't be surprised if its a worldwide released, maybe 2-4 weeks give or take between the countries releases.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do wonder what games would be released for the 3DS.
I mean, it would really suck if they would release a bad game like
Nintendogs again >.>
I really do hope that they release something like Golden Sun for it. Just hoping,
I mean: the screenshots that we got to see at the last E3 COULD also just be a
small undeveloped sample of the powers of a 3DS...Oh well, never mind me
tongue.gif
Just praying too hard
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)