Nintendo to no longer offer repair services for original 3DS and XL models in Japan

Nintendo-3DS.jpg

The Nintendo 3DS is getting on in years, and yet another reminder of that is the quiet announcement that Nintendo of Japan will no longer be offering repairs for the original 3DS model along with its XL brethren. After March 31, 2021, Nintendo plans to phase out services for those two systems, as sourcing those system-specific parts has become a challenge. Nintendo notes that even if a 3DS system had been sent in for repairs prior to that date, they still may be unable to fix it, should the needed parts be out of stock. For now, this only applies to Japan, and the original Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL models--the New series is unaffected.

:arrow: Source

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i'm not surprised, at least it only affects the first lineup of 3DS and XL models and not the "new" ones although i do have am old pink XL in my room.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well, it's dead now, so here's a nice meme to end:

Nintendo: Nintendo 3ds & Family, you must die!
Nintendo 3ds & Family: NO!
Nintendo: Join me, Nintendo 3ds & Family! and i'll make you the greatest in Koredi!!!
Nintendo: or else you will die!!!!
Nintendo 3ds & Family: screams, hhhhhhhhh
Nintendo: DIE!!!!!!!

the end!
the nintendo 3ds and & family were never heard from again!

text from Zelda CDI games. hahahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.