Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo to launch a new Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. console this November

g n w.PNG

As part of the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., Nintendo has announced that it will launch a new console this year. No it's not a direct competitor to the PS5 or Xbox Series X, rather the House of Mario is revisiting an old console released in the 1980s: the Game & Watch. These series of handheld consoles contained a game as well as the ability to tell the time. In 2020, Nintendo is releasing a new collectible device inspired by these handhelds and is named Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.

Nintendo's upcoming device features a modern +Control Pad, comes pre-loaded with classic games Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball with a Mario makeover. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. also functions as a clock, with 35 little touches to discover, including some guest appearances from Mario’s friends and foes.

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. launches on 13th November.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Brayton1-7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Get this to the Site & Scene News! Also, AC Adapter not included? Do you think it'll use USB-C or the 3DS's proprietary connecter?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Get this to the Site & Scene News! Also, AC Adapter not included? Do you think it'll use USB-C or the 3DS's proprietary connecter?
According to their website, it's USB-C.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Ga...os-/Game-Watch-Super-Mario-Bros--1827867.html

I won't hold the lack of A/C adapter against them this time, since it's not proprietary, I have a dozen A/C-to-USB adapters lying around the house, and a few power strips with USB ports so there's really no need.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How much will it cost?

Does it has built-in rechargeable batteries? Or we have to keep plugged into type-C cable to play game?

Last edited by leon315,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How much will it cost?

Does it has built-in rechargeable batteries? Or we have to keep plugged into type-C cable to play game?

Of course you need to keep the USB type C cable plugged in. I couldn't imagine how else you would possibly be able to play on this... portable device. :wacko:

Just in case: This was a joke and thinking that this device does not have a battery inside of it might be pretty farfetched.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Maq47

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I really like the look of it, love the OG Game and Watch stuff...but $50 = strong pass for me I think. Maybe if it included all the G&W games in collection or something, or could be updated to add more games for free later on I'd grab one, but for just SMB? Nah, I don't need to pay for a 35 year old game for the billionth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz