Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo to launch a new Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. console this November

g n w.PNG

As part of the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., Nintendo has announced that it will launch a new console this year. No it's not a direct competitor to the PS5 or Xbox Series X, rather the House of Mario is revisiting an old console released in the 1980s: the Game & Watch. These series of handheld consoles contained a game as well as the ability to tell the time. In 2020, Nintendo is releasing a new collectible device inspired by these handhelds and is named Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.

Nintendo's upcoming device features a modern +Control Pad, comes pre-loaded with classic games Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball with a Mario makeover. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. also functions as a clock, with 35 little touches to discover, including some guest appearances from Mario’s friends and foes.

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. launches on 13th November.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

wezlyons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had the Donkey Kong 2 game and watch as a kid.
Wish they'd do one that had all the games on rather than one that has a non game and watch game on it.

Still pre ordered though.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I wonder if Amazon isn't restricting orders at all. I pre-ordered one yesterday on amazon.de and they're still available. The pre-order will probably get canceled at some point, which is too bad, since I'd really love to get one for the nostalgia vibe.
Would be amazing if that thing would become hacked at some point, but it's quite unlikely. One can dream though.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some of you guys explain to me why you want this? I don't get it. It's 50 bucks for a handheld that can only play smb1 and smb2. The latter of which is impossible to beat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both of those games already available on the 3ds eshop?

I recently ordered a retroid pocket 2. Which can play thousands of games, including those two.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can some of you guys explain to me why you want this? I don't get it. It's 50 bucks for a handheld that can only play smb1 and smb2. The latter of which is impossible to beat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both of those games already available on the 3ds eshop?

I recently ordered a retroid pocket 2. Which can play thousands of games, including those two.

My wife has pre ordered me one as a Xmas gift, I asked if she would get it for me and the reason I want it is not even to play. I'll keep it boxed and get the box out of cupboard every now and then and feel good inside.
happiness
Why ?

For me it's pure nostalgia, when I was a kid we didn't have much and some of my friends had the original g & w and I'd play them over their houses or at school etc.. I always wanted one.

Now I'm in a position to have one, I've worked all my adult life and still want one, brings back good warm feelings inside aka happiness.

Everyone's reasons will be different but that's mine :)

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

it's not always about practical use.
some people collect postage stamps, sand from their vacation trips, or drive their SUVs, which weigh tons, only in the city. crazy world? yes, thats where you livin in

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife has pre ordered me one as a Xmas gift, I asked if she would get it for me and the reason I want it is not even to play. I'll keep it boxed and get the box out of cupboard every now and then and feel good inside.
happiness
Why ?

For me it's pure nostalgia, when I was a kid we didn't have much and some of my friends had the original g & w and I'd play them over their houses or at school etc.. I always wanted one.

Now I'm in a position to have one, I've worked all my adult life and still want one, brings back good warm feelings inside aka happiness.

Everyone's reasons will be different but that's mine :)

That happiness is fleeting, itll end up stored in the closet and never use it again . Nintendo does the bare minimum because they know they can bank on your buy now regret later mentality of buying. It gives little motivation to provide a product worth buying

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That happiness is fleeting, itll end up stored in the closet and never use it again . Nintendo does the bare minimum because they know they can bank on your buy now regret later mentality of buying. It gives little motivation to provide a product worth buying
How about stop being a dick and let people enjoy the things they enjoy?

D

Deleted User

when you realize nintendo made two new game and watches before making a new f-zero

Brayton1-7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Why did they attach data pins on the NES mini and SNES mini?

Either way, 99% of these are going to end up on a shelf collecting dust, hacked or not.
lol. I'll bet they learned their lessons since then. Or maybe they're purposely making them hackable so people buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/