Nintendo To Hold Wii U Press Event September 13th.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$299.99 is too much. I'd rather purchase a PS3 320GB bundle for the same price. I'm hoping for the $249.99 - $269.99 range.
Compared to when the PS3 launched at $500... Yeah, it's a lot.

$299 is actually quite a sweet deal for a next-gen console. You might claim that Wii U is weak, but we have absolutely no idea of the actual specs and most likely it'll be more powerful than anything now.
Not just that but unlike PS3, it has an controller that would cost so much more to manufacture and aside from power there are other tech inside both console and handheld that would obviously be more advanced. Even if it had the exact same power graphics wise again the tech would be more advanced and efficient.

People expecting this to cost less than $299 are really deluding themselves, even at that price Nintendo could be selling it at a loss.

Reactions: 1 person

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
my opinion:

I will bet on a retail price of £200 to £230 max.
The box will include console, plug, SDcables, gamepad, 8GB SD card, mahoosive instruction booklet... and a lot of excess cardboard. I also believe the console will be packed with free software to entice buyers.

Things WE need to buy still =
HDD.
Pro Controller.
HDMI cable.
Wii Remote.
sensor bar.
Extra Gamepad.
a Game.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my opinion:

The box will include console, plug, SDcables, gamepad, 8GB SD card, mahoosive instruction booklet... and a lot of excess cardboard. I also believe the console will be packed with free software to entice buyers.
Well of course. Probably a Nintendo Land bundle.

Things I need to buy still =
Extra Gamepad.
a Game.
HDMI cable.
Sensor should already come with it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
my opinion:

Things WE need to buy still =
HDD.
Pro Controller.
HDMI cable.
Wii Remote.
sensor bar.
Extra Gamepad.
a Game.
In case you're unaware, the GamePad already has a sensor bar.

I think the pack will consist:
- a console with about 4GB of flash storage for saves and stuff (expandable)
- a GamePad
- all the crappy instructions and power cables
- a HDMI cable (1.3)

You need to get:
- Game/s
- Ext HDD for those heavy content games
- SD card (if needed)
- Wiimote, Nunchuck and BBoard (if needed)
- Controller Pro/Extra GPad (if needed)

I don't think Wii U will be bundled with any games, but maybe they'll make it bundled with Nintendo Land or NSMB U for a slightly higher price. (maybe $329.99 - $349.99)

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think Wii U will be bundled with any games, but maybe they'll make it bundled with Nintendo Land or NSMB U for a slightly higher price. (maybe $329.99 - $349.99)
Nintendo land looks like something that should come pre-installed.
I don't think someone would actually pay for it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if it'll come bundled with games in the sense Wii Sports was but odds are it'll come with some pre-installed "tech demo" software like the 3DS was.

I estimate a $300+ price point most likely. They don't want to launch a device on a loss if they don't have to.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but you need a separate one to put on top of the TV so that people can use Wii Remotes while the GamePad is in someone's hands.
Wii U games would probably only use Wiimote+ so they wouldn't need a sensor bar.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but you need a separate one to put on top of the TV so that people can use Wii Remotes while the GamePad is in someone's hands.
Wii U games would probably only use Wiimote+ so they wouldn't need a sensor bar.
You don't need a sensor bar for Wiimote+? Since when? O.O
What if you need to point and click?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only used for calibration purposes (Gamepad takes care of that) and even then most of the time (like with Skyward Sword) it's easy to get past without. All else it needs is inside the mote+

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
The $299 is about the max I want to spend on a game console, anymore then that I just can`t get my head around it (I would almost feel violated). Everybody has a $ cap they are comfortable with.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo land looks like something that should come pre-installed.
I don't think someone would actually pay for it.
Considering Nintendo took a shit load of their E3 presentation on this Nintendo Land, I don't think it'll come bundled. Plus it is one of the featured games in the Wii U games lineup video.

If its bundled, it's nice.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know they have sent out RSVP's for Club Nintendo Members as mentioned in a post I made a few days ago, I signed up and have a spot reserved for me and my bro, I'm gonna take picks and video feeds and post them here when I get back :)

D

Deleted_171835

I'd guess that the Wii U ends up somewhere in $299 to $399 price range. (It would be nice if they released the system's specs as well, but I'm not so sure about that.)

Did they ever officially release system specs for Gamecube, Wii, DS or 3DS? Thougt it was something Nintendo just didn't do.
They gave detailed specs for the Gamecube.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080502201300/http://register.nintendo.com/techspecgcn

But they stopped beginning with the DS.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
It's only used for calibration purposes (Gamepad takes care of that) and even then most of the time (like with Skyward Sword) it's easy to get past without. All else it needs is inside the mote+
Although you're right that Skyward Sword doesn't use the sensor bar, 90-something % of Wii games do use a sensor bar, and the Wii U will play Wii games. I'm pretty sure they'll include a sensor bar in the pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.