Gaming Nintendo to have a "trophy list"

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How many of you would like to see Nintendo employ a Trophy list? A bit like Sony have done with their own games and how xbox have achievements.

I think it would be a a nice move myself from Nintendo but in order for them to make it a much better trophy list than Sony and Xbox etc they need to make it so people don't have to spend hundreds of hours on one trophy like i've seen on other platforms.

I really would like to see this employed along with a nice Friends list that everyone can see and compete with each other.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Eh, I don't really care, achievements don't keep me from playing the game so if they were here, I wouldn't mind.
Also yeah, as frogboy said, misleading title, I thought achievements were going to be a thing.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always thought meaningless achievements/awards in video games are retarded. I don't need some text to tell me good job for killing 1000 enemies in one sitting, or finding a hidden area. I can take pride and pleasure in that kind of stuff myself without the developers telling me good job. Forget that noise.

Reactions: calmwaters

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wonder why I like Nintendo so much: they care about achievements as much as I do.
Achievement unlocked: You started the game!

meh, I don't get why people obsess over achievements and trophies.

Me either. I mean, it's not like your overall status as a world-wide gamer depends on how many trophies/achievements are in your profile on Xbox Live/PSN. I'm an awesome gamer and I've achieved completions of many games.

I have always thought meaningless achievements/awards in video games are retarded. I don't need some text to tell me good job for killing 1000 enemies in one sitting, or finding a hidden area. I can take pride and pleasure in that kind of stuff myself without the developers telling me good job. Forget that noise.

^^This. :O

D

Dork

Thread title: NINTENDO TO HAVE A TROPHY LIST
Actual thread: hey guys wouldnt it b cool if ninty had acomplishments :^))

It just keeps happening.

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like trophies/achievements a lot, especially on psn cuz you have a level associated with it. also, it is cool to show off you got like platinum in a game, with it being online so all your friends can see it. sort of like a small competition you can compete in with at the same time is easily acknowledged by any other person on PSN

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless they do something for me, like in GW2, they're a waste of time.
This. GW2 was achievements done right, and basically doubled the ways to play the different modes - brilliantly done, but finding a similar set of awards is rare indeed: usually it's summat like 20G for jumping off a cliff 500 times then using a stimpack in Fallout 3. Load of tat.

Think I remember reading Ninty saying they're a bit of a waste of time, and I agree: got award notifications turned off on both my PS3 & 360 these days...

Reactions: calmwaters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1