Nintendo to broadcast another Nindies Showcase next week

If you're a fan of indie games, you'll be excited to know that Nintendo is planning on hosting another Nindies Showcase stream. On August 28th at 9 am PT, we'll be able to get a look at some of the upcoming independent games scheduled to release on the Nintendo Switch, including some of which that haven't been announced yet. The stream will be covered here on GBAtemp, where we'll summarize all the main topics and reveals. If you want to watch it live, you can tune in on Nintendo's YouTube account, linked above, or at their official site, below.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
No guys. A Nindie showcase doesn't mean they'll reveal an Indie fighter for Smash.
You stop killing my Shovel Knight DLC dreams, you monster! :sad:

I honestly think people are hyped for smash, but don't want to hear a single word more about it, for now.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound white and entitled, but I'd much prefer a regular old direct. I knew 2018 was gonna be a port year since that first direct and I'm mostly ok with that, but where's all the new stuff for 2019?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to sound white and entitled, but I'd much prefer a regular old direct. I knew 2018 was gonna be a port year since that first direct and I'm mostly ok with that, but where's all the new stuff for 2019?
Mario Party, Pokemon, and Smash are the big ones. Pokemon's having information shown bit by bit on official accounts, Mario Party had a treehouse video released today, and Smash had 90% of the E3 presentation dedicated to it, as well as a recent direct just for it. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for a big Direct too, but the big titles are getting information shown in their own ways.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Expect a Direct on the first or second week of September.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay moar fucking shitty phone/IOS ports! indys are fucking killing the industry especially the weeb TRASH :glare:

That's funny, my opinion is reversed, soulless triple A are killing the industry :)

There are a lot of good indy games, some of them not on PS4/XBOX yet (Hollow Knight, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom are first ported on Switch).

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even more indies? we have so many... we need some "big" games. Where is metroid? Why not a "good" racing game? Mario Kart is not enough. Or a really BIG rpg... octopath traveler was meh for me. Had high hopes but meh...
I want a unique good and awesome NEW title. Nothing remastered, ported etc. something completly new...

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
even more indies? we have so many... we need some "big" games. Where is metroid? Why not a "good" racing game? Mario Kart is not enough. Or a really BIG rpg... octopath traveler was meh for me. Had high hopes but meh...
I want a unique good and awesome NEW title. Nothing remastered, ported etc. something completly new...
Metroid Prime 4 is probably a Q4 2019 title.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Too many indies. Really. I tried a good amount of them and very, very, extremely very few are good. The rest sucks and it's incredible they are there, on a console virtual shop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1