NINTENDO: The firm deploys great ways to fight piracy!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Flora Cherry, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Flora Cherry
    OP

Flora Cherry I'm unhappy

Mar 2, 2014
    France
    nintendo-switch-5adf014cb2811.
    The firm deploys great ways to fight piracy!
    While Nintendo had rather resisted the piracy in recent years, by simply patching its consoles, the firm has just changed its policy and is investing massively in the fight against hackers. After closing most of the sites that offered the ROMS of the Nintendo games for download, the Kyoto firm has just launched a large recruitment campaign to populate its new division of cyber-security experts. It is the Nintendo Technology development entity that has been looking for qualified people in console piracy, and in the development of protections.

The position specifies that the employee should be an expert in piracy, reverse engineering, but also be able to assess the flaws of current and future systems. The post is located at Nintendo Of America in Redmond, and if you ever have that kind of skill, you can apply for this address. So it would seem that homebrew software creators will have more trouble with officer, while hardware vulnerabilities such as the Switch, should no longer exist on future consoles of the brand. nintendo-artwork-5b98f3f816575.

Source:http://www.jeuxactu.com
    original post http://www.jeuxactu.com/nintendo-la-firme-ouvre-la-chasse-aux-pirates-informatiques-115271.htm

Last edited by Flora Cherry, Sep 12, 2018
    CallmeBerto likes this.
  2. Coto

Coto -

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    I would but I am from Chile ;o;

but others might apply. Finally ninty, this is the way to go.

3. mckenziesdaddy

mckenziesdaddy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    York,PA
    So Nintendo and Nvidia knew of the flaw in the hardware before release, So why not fix it before release?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    "After closing most of the sites that offered the ROMS of the Nintendo games for download"
    What? They barely made a dent. Went after the lowest hanging fruit when they were in a continent sized orchard.

Arecaidian Fox likes this.
  5. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Washington State
    And you can even still pluck some of the lowest-hanging fruit if you know what to do... There are ways around the now barred gates of Paradise.

But, I'm genuinely surprised that Ninty has always been so slow to react like this. Though when they do, it's usually pretty heavy.

6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Yep. Just go to a torrent website and download it.

7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I'm surprised, this is a non translation job that Nintendo is willing to let non Japanese work on.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

LOL no, doesn't work like that, I'm sure they already had people working in system security, there's always a flaw somewhere.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There are known flaws/vulnerabilitys in pretty much everything, look up any language, or framework, or pretty much any hardware, you'll find a list of security patches, and normally there is a currently known vulnerability that they are working on, just theyer not talking about it yet.

Also in the end, Nintendo does all this to calm down stockholders fear of a pirate apocalypse, really I doubt they give a shit about piracy, such a small number of people pirate, security probably ends up costing them a LOT more.

Last edited by Ericthegreat, Sep 12, 2018
    MushGuy likes this.
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I'd imagine that kind of position would pay decently, but....yeah, pass.

9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    WELL, they 've just eliminate some of rom sites, but Ninty can't exterminate them all, all [insert console name here]isos sites are still alive! Now the more Ninty recruits the cyber-security experts, the more talented Crackers will join :)

A invisible war between Worldwide best hackers vs Ninty has just begun, Piracy vs Legit, Greed vs Honesty, Dark or Light, Will Switch survive in this wild unforgiven Sea full stringy-greedy pirates? Which side will you pick XD???

p.s. OMG, i could make a fucking film with this shit.

10. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Good for Nintendo. I mean, not good for the probable reason they're doing this or the probable net effect, but good for Nintendo. Maybe in the future we won't have to worry that some nefarious person can put up a web page/ad and brick Switch systems.