chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo-Wii-U-Launch-Titles-Tease-on-Facebook.jpg

NoA has posted on their Facebook page with the above.

Although there is no exact confirmation that the 3 titles are Nintendo franchises, it may be safe to assume so. For these three games to be that 'special', I bet they must be solid. I hope Nintendo has really learnt from their mistake from the 3DS launch by having at least some decent launch games. At the end of the day, nobody truly knows except for Nintendo right now. Everything will be shown at E3 definitely. E3 is held on Tuesday, June 5 for Nintendo.

EDIT: according to some, they claim that Nintendo posted about the 3 games having words consisting of 33, 27, and 19 characters

What is more exciting is that Nintendo has a second stream about a Software Showcase on June 6th at 6pm PDT, focusing entirely on the software coming to both the 3DS and Wii U. I sure hope MH3G/4 gets some attention here.

Nintendo-E3-All-Access.jpg

• Added the character count for the 3 titles
  • Added the image of the second stream in a spoiler
  • Added the actual Facebook post as an image
  • Made the news post more presentable + spelling errors. (Original post was made on iPhone so yeah...)

Sources:
:arrow: Second Stream

:arrow: 3 Wii U launch titles

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They'll probably have a lot more to show off but if the spaces are any indication we can now expect 3 first party games at launch day.
Looks like Ninty learned their lesson after what happened to the 3DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They'll probably have a lot more to show off but if the spaces are any indication we can now expect 3 first party games at launch day.
Looks like Ninty learned their lesson after what happened to the 3DS.
Indeed they did. Hopefully the 3 titles can really make the Wii U launch shine.

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 will be zelda that i am certain of

the other 2... maybe metroid and prob another mario game :P

I highly doubt it will be Zelda. Having a new one ready for launch a year after the release of Skyward Sword doesn't sound right to me. I would prefer they took more time on it. I reckon Pikmin III is a large possibility as well as whatever Retro is working on and that new IP that was rumoured from Miyamoto (or maybe it's just New Super Mario Bros. Mii lol) :P

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
33, 27, 19.

27 characters (inc spaces, punctuation):- New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

That one i'm pretty much sure of, if the character thing is true. Otherwise, Shigsy has HIGHLY alluded to Pikmin 3 being a launch title for Wii U, he's at least said it'll deffo be on the console.

The other game, has suggested previously in the thread, is blatantly a first-party casual game that takes advantage of the Wii U controller stuff. It'll probably be called 'beat your friends' or something. It'll be like Wii Sports but not Sports. Far more likely to include shooters and other random stuff, a la the first Raving Rabbids game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't dismiss Zelda just yet, we could always see some cheap shit like a HD port of Skyward Sword on the Wii U, on a quick count The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword does roughly fill out 33 characters but Skyward Sword is hardly a game that could be redesigned to push a controller with a screen in my opinion

If it was gonna be a HD re-release (which is highly doubtful) there's no way in hell it'd be Skyward Sword. It's too recent and the Wii U controller would be absolutely useless in the game. It'd probably be Wind Waker if anything since it's popular and it would probably look better than most crap in a HD touch up.

But I doubt it's a Zelda, Metroid, or Mario to launch.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 will be zelda that i am certain of

the other 2... maybe metroid and prob another mario game :P

I highly doubt it will be Zelda. Having a new one ready for launch a year after the release of Skyward Sword doesn't sound right to me

i wouldn't dismiss Zelda just yet, we could always see some cheap shit like a HD port of Skyward Sword on the Wii U, on a quick count The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword does roughly fill out 33 characters but Skyward Sword is hardly a game that could be redesigned to push a controller with a screen in my opinion

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it was gonna be a HD re-release (which is highly doubtful) there's no way in hell it'd be Skyward Sword. It's too recent and the Wii U controller would be absolutely useless in the game. It'd probably be Wind Waker if anything since it's popular and it would probably look better than most crap in a HD touch up.

hence why i said i doubt the Wii U controller could do it any favours, but i wouldn't dismiss any of the big 3 from being made for the launch, Nintendo claimed to have learned lessons from the 3Ds launch and it seems pretty obvious they need one or the other to launch with. Still only a few days to go till we know, i do enjoy this speculating though

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I don't mean to insult anyone here but other than those 3 (maybe including Pikmin, Samus or Star Fox), what other title does Nintendo have to deserve such 'special' reveal?

Surely a game like Steel Diver can't need that much hype in a 'scratch-to-reveal' thingy right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself