Nintendo Teams Up w/Gamespy

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by [M]artin, Mar 13, 2007.

Mar 13, 2007

Nintendo Teams Up w/Gamespy by [M]artin at 11:34 PM (1,378 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Source

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Nice to see Nintendo working to get into the online gaming world [​IMG]

3. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wasn't Nintendo's Online Service ALWAYS powered by GameSpy (DS games, etc.)?

4. Magus19

Member Magus19 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Nintendo used gamespy for the DS too, so don't get excited yet. Nintendo will probably break it again, if it only use the Wii Code it's ok but it will probably use game codes, for whatever reason. I love Nintendo, their games and their vision, but I learned over the years to not get my hopes up again(Gamecube online...). They didn't even learn from the first Xbox live.

5. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I thought Gamespy helped Nintendo with the stats and game hubs on their Wi-Fi site (NintendoWiFi.com). I wouldn't know for sure, but it looks like it's modeled after Gamespy style hubs.

6. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I sure hopw they are getting rid of the stupid friend code crap. It's so irritating. Just because some 9 year olds shouldn't see bad stuff or other crap like that. That's what the warning, "game experience may change during online play" is there.

OK, I'm done with my rant. I still love Nintendo though, but their online sucks.

7. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    that's why you put age restrictions on certain parts. the wii already has age restrictions on games etc, just apply the same to online!