Nintendo targets Apple as "enemy of the future"

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
ifish said:
Notes, GPS, uilty in web browser, support for all wi-fi, shall i go on?
Let me continue the list for you.
A web browser that is actually fast and could be used without getting stressed out that the page isn't loading. Mewseek (limewire app), YouTube, lots of fun flash games that are ported, way more stuff.

Edit: lets just say that the DS wil be a useless junk without a flashcart.

answer(s)
1.Opera DS Browser
2.www.store.limewire.com (Using Opera DS Browser)
3.www.youtube.com (Using Opera Ds Browser)
4. Its called a DS game cartridge link:http://www.handheldy.cz/demo/images/big/DIS-NTR-A39E-USA.jpg
5.Way more stuff, explain
6.What is gbatemp basically dedicated to? FLASHCARTS

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
ifish said:
there is also Skype, twitter, facebook , IRC, Netflix....

Yeah, what a draw all that BS is. OMFG, what would I do if I was unable to login to facebook or twitter while I'm crossing a freaking street!?!?!?!. And Netflix on a phone? Why? Just wait until you get home to watch your damn movies, for christ's sake.

What exactly is up with some people's need to do every goddamn thing on-the-go? And if you're using the iPhone for that crap while you're at home, grow up and buy a real computer. I have better things to spend $100/month on than an iPhone plan for all that useless shit.
I don't find that useless. All my friends that have iPhones/Droids use Facebook all the time to share there latest posts. Its also easy to communicate with it all the time. Plus when we talk about a funny video in lunch or something and we want to watch it we could always just pull out the iPhone and watch that YouTube video.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
All the people I know make fun off the DS that its a gaming device for 10 year olds.

I've seen a number of people on the subway around here with Nintendo handhelds, recently. Mostly hot girls, for whatever reason. One even had a GBA loaded with an old-style GBC cartridge.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Advice Dog said:
A lot of people I know own DS's actually.
All the people I know make fun off the DS that its a gaming device for 10 year olds.
Are you 10 hmmm?

For that matter I don't give two shits about anything apple. All I need is to play music and my fuze does that fine for at least 1/3 of the cost of a fking ipod.

If I wanted something to go on irc, play videos, and do a bunch of other shit I'd just get a damn netbook. Being portable with this means I won't get myself killed.
If I wanted a smartphone I'd get an android phone .... again cheaper and does what I would need it to do.

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Advice Dog said:
Jakob95 said:
ifish said:
A web browser that is actually fast and could be used without getting stressed out that the page isn't loading. Mewseek (limewire app), YouTube, lots of fun flash games that are ported, way more stuff.

Kind of like an iPod touch without jailbreaking.

I Reckon.
laugh.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Jakob95 said:
Advice Dog said:
Are you 10 hmmm?

For that matter I don't give two shits about anything apple. All I need is to play music and my fuze does that fine for at least 1/3 of the cost of a fking ipod.

If I wanted something to go on irc, play videos, and do a bunch of other shit I'd just get a damn netbook. Being portable with this means I won't get myself killed.
If I wanted a smartphone I'd get an android phone .... again cheaper and does what I would need it to do.
Can you use your netbook while you are in class? I don't think so unless your teacher lets or something. No I know that the DS is for everyone but lots of people don't because of all the kidy commercials they make for the DS. The iPod is just great to communicate with other people. Great thing about it is that you can even put the Android OS into it.
Its just fun to use also because you can customize it so much once you jailbreak.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
I don't find that useless. All my friends that have iPhones/Droids use Facebook all the time to share there latest posts. Its also easy to communicate with it all the time. Plus when we talk about a funny video in lunch or something and we want to watch it we could always just pull out the iPhone and watch that YouTube video.

Which is fine, for some people. However, being antisocial I'm not as into the social networking crap as some other people are. I barely ever log on to Facebook from my regular computers, and would never do so with a phone. I have no desire to communicate with anyone that badly; period. And not being a high school student, I don't usually spend my lunches in a cafeteria with friends talking about youtube videos. I prefer just waiting 'til I can watch Youtube videos on my computer, anyway; which is hooked up to my wall-mounted 46" HDTV.

Smartphones simply hold no appeal for me. I barely even use cellphones, and I wouldn't use a smartphone either. I may've upgraded to one (as it's a better watch than a normal cellphone), but Canadian telecommunications policies are possibly some of the worst in the civilized world. When there are plans for Smartphones in Canada comparable to those in other countries, I'll consider switching in my normal KRZR phone for something more elaborate. Right now my cellphone costs me about $24/month, after service fees and taxes and whatnot, and considering I use it maybe once ever 2 or 3 months, that's about all I want to pay. Better to spend my money on something I actually get use out of.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ May 8 2010, 12:11 AM) Can you use your netbook while you are in class?

You can in University. In High School, though, it shouldn't be necessary to use the internet during a class that isn't about computers or the internet in some way. Don't most schools ban cellphone use during class?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
BoxShot said:
Jakob95 said:
Advice Dog said:
Are you 10 hmmm?

Can you use your netbook while you are in class? I don't think so unless your teacher lets or something. No I know that the DS is for everyone but lots of people don't because of all the kidy commercials they make for the DS. The iPod is just great to communicate with other people. Great thing about it is that you can even put the Android OS into it.
Do I need to fking use it every moment of the fking day? No.
Ha putting android os on it. Problem: It costs more than a fking android phone so point moot.
What communication? A phone? Well buy a phone. ....

I'm pretty much antisocial so that is something that saves me so much money. So much better than being a social freak who needs it all the time. For that matter didn't you say that your parents bought you your damn ipod for your birthday?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Boxshot my parents did buy me the iPod for my birthday. But all that wiening paid of plus I treat my parents money as my money lol.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Blade4474 said:
Jakob95 said:
ifish said:

answer(s)
1.Opera DS Browser
4. Its called a DS game cartridge link:http://www.handheldy.cz/demo/images/big/DIS-NTR-A39E-USA.jpg

What are you? A mindless Nintendo pirate? Opera DS Browser sucks ass! It doesn't even support flash content! There go your next two arguments. And I think we all know about DS games. The iPhone is a great gaming platform, but really, you can only compare it to DSiWare. The only game I've been addicted to on my DSi is PiCOPiCT, Puzzle League, Dr. Mario, and maybe BoxLife. iPhone: Pocket God, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Paper Toss and maybe The Simpsons Arcade. The iPhone is also a bloody PHONE! That's REALLY useful! and For the record, I never considered GBATemp a flashcart site, just an excellent source of all my daily gaming info. And I think it's about time I said this, but I (personally) dislike most DS homebrews. I only use DSOrganise and emulators. And even then, I prefer to use my PSP/PC.

QUOTE(Blade4474 @ May 8 2010, 02:13 PM)
Conclusion.
There is nothing an ipod touch can do that a DS can't.
The Nintendo DS is AWESOME!!
yaynds.gif

Multi touch. 'Nuff said.

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
DSGamer64 said:
Ahem, DSi says hello. And there are plenty of games for teenagers, kids and adults alike, those who think it's a kiddy system are just narrow minded retards who think that unless everything goes pew pew with lots of explosions, swearing, hot chicks and some pretty graphics, it isn't worth playing which roughly describes about 75% of the gaming population today.
You just got to admit that the iPod Touch is an all around better system. If I ever go on a trip to somewhere and have to take the car or airplane I will bring my ipod Touch with me. Because the games waste PLENTY OF time. The games on the DS already got bored since they aren't minigames more like huge games and the mini-games on the DS are boring. I could hook my iPod Touch into my dad's cars TV and watch movies. I can play some PS1 games even on the TV with the emulator.

EDIT: I even use my iPod Touch as a dictionary. And a translator in school.
Exactly the point.
With your ipod you like to waste time.
I like to play my DS for fun.
yaynds.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jakob95 said:
When you have lots of friends in real life facebook is pretty useful all the time.

I guess for socially dependent people, it might be. Still sounds pathetic to me, though. Personally, reading by-the-minute updates from a bunch of people would turn me off them faster than anything else could. I'd never want to actually spend time with them in real life, because I would've gotten so sick of them with just their goddamn status updates.

People in their 20s and older don't always feel the need to be in contact with their friends every minute of every day, and in fact it can become incredibly dreary doing so. I mostly hang out with people on the weekends and sometimes meet the occassional person for lunch, and that's more than enough contact for me.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blade4474 said:
Jakob95 said:
DSGamer64 said:
Ahem, DSi says hello. And there are plenty of games for teenagers, kids and adults alike, those who think it's a kiddy system are just narrow minded retards who think that unless everything goes pew pew with lots of explosions, swearing, hot chicks and some pretty graphics, it isn't worth playing which roughly describes about 75% of the gaming population today.
You just got to admit that the iPod Touch is an all around better system. If I ever go on a trip to somewhere and have to take the car or airplane I will bring my ipod Touch with me. Because the games waste PLENTY OF time. The games on the DS already got bored since they aren't minigames more like huge games and the mini-games on the DS are boring. I could hook my iPod Touch into my dad's cars TV and watch movies. I can play some PS1 games even on the TV with the emulator.

EDIT: I even use my iPod Touch as a dictionary. And a translator in school.
Exactly the point.
With your ipod you like to waste time.
I like to play my DS for fun.
yaynds.gif
But I am tired of games already. I want to use my system to its fullest ability.
edit: with my iPod Touch I could go on GBAtemp. 2 seconds loading each time with Opera Mini.

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Blade4474 said:
Jakob95 said:
ifish said:

answer(s)
1.Opera DS Browser

What are you? A mindless Nintendo pirate? Opera DS Browser sucks ass! It doesn't even support flash content! There go your next two arguments. And I think we all know about DS games. The iPhone is a great gaming platform, but really, you can only compare it to DSiWare. The only game I've been addicted to on my DSi is PiCOPiCT, Puzzle League, Dr. Mario, and maybe BoxLife. iPhone: Pocket God, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Paper Toss and maybe The Simpsons Arcade. The iPhone is also a bloody PHONE! That's REALLY useful! and For the record, I never considered GBATemp a flashcart site, just an excellent source of all my daily gaming info. And I think it's about time I said this, but I (personally) dislike most DS homebrews. I only use DSOrganise and emulators. And even then, I prefer to use my PSP/PC.

hey man, why are you having a go at a fellow aussie?!?
what kind of a person are you?!? where's your pride?!?
wtf.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Blade4474 said:
8BitWalugi said:
Blade4474 said:
Jakob95 said:
ifish said:

answer(s)
1.Opera DS Browser

hey man, why are you having a go at a fellow aussie?!?
what kind of a person are you?!? where's your pride?!?
wtf.gif

I'm Greek. And how is the fact that you're also Australian mean I should sugar-coat my opinion for the 8 year olds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Pretty much. I keep prompting him but doesn't answer lol.