Nintendo takes User Reviews feature off its website

404.png

As noted
, as of recently, users could leave reviews for Switch games on Nintendo of America's website. This feature has now been taken down, lasting just a couple of days. It's not certain whether user reviews will return, as Nintendo doesn't currently have an estimated date on an update.

Customer reviews have been taken offline as we evaluate this feature and its functionality. We currently have no estimated date on when an update will be provided. We appreciate the positive response and thank the reviewers who provided such thoughtful commentary on the games.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So basically, Nintendo confirmed for not being able to tolerate criticism, or accept any attempt at constructive feedback.

Why, oh why, am i not surprised?
Constructive feedback. On the internet. You're hilarious.

Review bombing is still a problem even for some Steam games unfortunately. Too many shitty people out there.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So basically, Nintendo confirmed for not being able to tolerate criticism, or accept any attempt at constructive feedback.

Why, oh why, am i not surprised?
So, basically, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Why, oh why, am I not surprised?

Why add a review system to just remove it a few days later? Hm. I can only imagine. Maybe they're looking for a way to better it?

Last edited by Kioku,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lmao, of course they couldn't handle the roasting because it would actually make them look bad. I'm honestly not surprised. Nintendo is the kind of company who doesn't care about consumers or their feedback because they "know it best" by keeping everything the same old-fashioned way. Obviously they didn't take it off due to fanboys praising their amazing rehashed titles. xD

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
lmao, of course they couldn't handle the roasting because it would actually make them look bad. I'm honestly not surprised. Nintendo is the kind of company who doesn't care about consumers or their feedback because they "know it best" by keeping everything the same old-fashioned way. xD
Pretty bold assumption to make without knowing why it was taken down so fast.

Reactions: Xabring

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Did they have any verification method in place that the reviewer actually bought/played the game? Or could just anyone walk in and leave a review?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty bold assumption to make without knowing why it was taken down so fast.
Most likely the same reason they took down Miiverse so early: They want to moderate everything so badly but realized they can't or that it would get expensive so they just made a U-turn. It's typical for Nintendo to silence criticism and protect their children customers from bad language/people (see how their online titles are designed: no built-in free text messages and no voice chat either). You can't easily reach Nintendo customers via Nintendo platforms/systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: