Nintendo Switch's First Live Appearance, Running Breath of the Wild

Jimmy-Fallon-Switch.jpg

Nintendo's very own Reggie Fils-Aimé and Shigeru Miyamoto appeared on the latest "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" to promote the upcoming Super Mario Run. As a surprise, Reggie brought the company's upcoming home console/handheld hybrid to the show, flawlessly running the upcoming installment in The Legend of Zelda series:

Skip to 4:50 to see the surprise guest

It might be hard to realize that the console is actually a real thing coming in only a few months, after so many circulating rumors before its announcement and only an official introductory video released. But there it is, proof and all and it is actually our first live look at the machine in action. Reggie added that more details about the Switch will be shared on January 12th.

Bonus video: watch the multi-talented Shigeru Miyamoto play the Super Mario Bros. theme live on guitar below:

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FIX'D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

which won't cut it

The Switch will most likely have the new Tegra X2 chip which is based on the Pascal architecture which in terms means great performance with low power consumption - best used in.... You guessed right, tablets. There are also rumors that the Switch underclocks to save battery while in 720p mode and goes full power while plugged in at 1080p - the Ps4 barely handles 900p so there's that. My guess is the Switch is going to be as powerful or even more than the xbone or Ps4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Switch will most likely have the new Tegra X2 chip which is based on the Pascal architecture which in terms means great performance with low power consumption - best used in.... You guessed right, tablets. There are also rumors that the Switch underclocks to save battery while in 720p mode and goes full power while plugged in at 1080p - the Ps4 barely handles 900p so there's that. My guess is the Switch is going to be as powerful or even more than the xbone or Ps4
No. It's even possible that Nvidia only supplied the gpu or less than that gpu design with other parts from the two Japanese companies. Xbox one can barely do 900p, not PS4.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch will most likely have the new Tegra X2 chip which is based on the Pascal architecture which in terms means great performance with low power consumption

Not to mention the X2 isn't even in any other device at this time, so further updates from Nintendo/Nvidia could add ACTUAL stability rather than being used as blatant filler text.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not to mention the X2 isn't even in any other device at this time, so further updates from Nintendo/Nvidia could add ACTUAL stability rather than being used as blatant filler text.

Exactly, not to mention the benefits the Switch will receive with the new API NVIDIA developed specifically for it. People don't take it seriously because it's basically a tablet but my guess it's gonna be one of the biggest surprises of 2017.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, not to mention the benefits the Switch will receive with the new API NVIDIA developed specifically for it. People don't take it seriously because it's basically a tablet but my guess it's gonna be one of the biggest surprises of 2017.

Totally agree. I'm thinking not much else has been announced on the specs because Nvidia probably has some NDA with Nintendo. I'm assuming Nvidia is going to announce the Tegra X2 with more details this month or next, and this is also why Nintendo is announcing a Jan 12th date for more details. Perhaps it will be a joint press release for both companies similar to what we saw the day the launch trailer for the Switch came out.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High res graphics (north of 900p) don't make games better and if they make it harder to develop then it becomes a net negative.
60 fps does make games better so hopefully Switch will be capable of that. I think Nintendo knows 60 fps makes games better - they have made 60 fps game in the past - hopefully they will make that effort for BotW.

Reactions: player594

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all