Hacking nintendo switch won't turn on

digicube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 nintendo switch that will not turn on on the same day. I just turned it off and they won't turn back on. They are kept charged with the official AC adapter at all times.
They do appear as APX unknown device on my computer so the USB-C port is most likely fine. I think the problem is the charge controller chip is faulty.
I assume this is a common problem according to Tronicsfix website.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 nintendo switch that will not turn on on the same day. I just turned it off and they won't turn back on. They are kept charged with the official AC adapter at all times.
They do appear as APX unknown device on my computer so the USB-C port is most likely fine. I think the problem is the charge controller chip is faulty.
I mean, nobody asked before, did you try injecting a payload?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If it's recognized as an APX device that means it's on in RCM mode. Did you install AutoRCM?

digicube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I've not tried injecting a payload. I need to google on how to do this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think I installed AutoRCM because I was able to turn the switch on and off without the SX Pro dongle and jig before it bricked. I needed to hold the volume button down to boot into SXOS with the dongle and jig.

Last edited by digicube,

digicube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRcmSmash.exe -w biskeydump.bin BOOT:0x0
I injected this payload and I get 0x7000 which means not patched. The screen turns on with the QR code and a yellow smiley face. Looks like it's a software issue and not hardware. How to proceed from here? I made a full NAND backup in the past. Can I use it to unbrick my switch? There are 10 files named full.00.bin-full.07.bin, boot0.bin, boot1.bin. I don't have the NAND id though.

Last edited by digicube,

digicube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I injected SX_Loader.bin and it's working fine again. Can anyone tell me how to prevent my switch from getting bricked again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Problem now is once I turn off the switch, it will not turn on again. I have to inject SX_Loader.bin every time to get the switch to boot up. Do I have AUTORCM installed? I can't get into SX OS to find out and uninstall it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: