Firmware Nintendo Switch version 6.0 firmware goes live on September 18th

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    This is so you can continue your games on multiple consoles. Accounts get linked to profile that way if two consoles have same profile they can share save and other data.

Erol likes this.
  2. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Should I bother unlinking my burner Nintendo from my hacked Switch?

Is there any benefit at all having a linked account on a purely offline Switch?

Do any games insist on one even for offline functionality? I originally added on on this Switch so I could download Pokemon Quest for dev menu, but no need for it now.

3. cattivik66

cattivik66 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Italy
    Next Up Hero requires an account even when playing offline.

4. chr0m

chr0m GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was wondering about. May as well keep the account linked then. Thanks :)

5. Sujaso

Sujaso Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    Still confused with the whole unlinking situation,

I have a switch that's hacked and I've never gone online ever since Ive hacked it and I dont plan to anytime soon.
    I plan on buying the smash switch hardware bundle whenever it comes out and that will be my dedicated online/no homebrew switch.
    My nintendo account is currently linked to my 1st switch.

Should I or should I not unlink?

6. AcuRaw

AcuRaw Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    United States
    As I understand it, your Nintendo account is linked to your User Profile not your Switch. That would be the User name you use that has all your game saves. So you should be able to buy the Smash Bundle Switch when it comes out and log in with your current User Name that's link to your Nintendo Account .

If you create a New User on you're new Smash Switch then you CAN NOT link your Nintendo Account to the new user. Your old User name and Nintendo Account are locked as one now.

Can anyone else confirm I have this correct? I've been trying to thoroughly understand this for days now.

7. Thomhack

Thomhack GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2018
    France
    New changes found in firmware 6.0.0 , in album here is picture option and multiples picture share.
    IMG_20180916_105745. IMG_20180916_105805. movie of games : IMG_20180916_105722.

8. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    PLEASE for the love of god hide these oversize images behind a spoiler :)
    @Thomhack

Please click insert [​IMG] then select spoiler [​IMG] Name it "screenshots" or whatever.
    then click the [​IMG] and insert a link to your photos. Use postimage site to host them
    oversize me

Last edited by Type_O_Dev, Sep 17, 2018
  9. blueflash

blueflash Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2009
    From what I get from the New online service, is every profile on a swithch, will need to have a Nintendo account linked and subbed to go online. Hence the family plan which will cover multiple profiles.

Type_O_Dev likes this.
  10. TimeMaster

TimeMaster GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2017
    Canada
    Welp, we almost there

Type_O_Dev likes this.