Homebrew Question Nintendo Switch unhacked if you remove SD Card?

AurashNoplunemi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have a first gen Nintendo Switch Console that has never been hacked. I am planning to setup an emuMMC on the SD Card with atmosphere to use home-brew software on the offline emuNAND (might consider to use incognito and 90dns, not sure yet) and use the sysNAND to play online and use my bought Nintendo e shop games. From what I have learned so far, this should be possible as the sysNAND is never touched and physically separated from any custom changes.

But this brings up a question for me: If I shutdown my Switch and remove the sd card with the custom firmware and boot it up normally (without any dongle or tool), is there any difference to a normal non-hacked Nintendo Switch? So is my switch than unhacked? Provided that no AutoRCM or anything that makes changes in sysNAND is installed of course.

AurashNoplunemi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, considering that everything emuMMC related is on the SD card, removing it would disable the custom firmware

but... you don't even need to remove the SD card, if you boot up normally, there are no cfw traces the sysnand can read from the SD card, so there's no problem

Ok, thanks. But wouldn't the Switch try to mount the sd card and then scan the files on it?

And if I want to completely remove the hack and anything related to that, is it enough to remove the sd card and boot up the switch without rcm? It is the exact same console as before? Or are there any logs saved on the sysNAND? (I am not going to boot sysNAND from Hekate with CFW or something like that)

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, thanks. But wouldn't the Switch try to mount the sd card and then scan the files on it?

And if I want to completely remove the hack and anything related to that, is it enough to remove the sd card and boot up the switch without rcm? It is the exact same console as before? Or are there any logs saved on the sysNAND? (I am not going to boot sysNAND from Hekate with CFW or something like that)

nope, I mean, yes, the Switch reads the SD, but it only reads for the "Nintendo" folder, which contains the gallery photos and videos, and the games data, so you're safe with only booting normally without removing the SD card, and yeah, the console is the same as before, you get the exact same system you had before hacking, no changes are made to the sysnand itself

BattlingNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wow, this is good to know. So you can use your unpatched switch with OFW for homebrewing and playing emulators and just swap the microSD for playing Switch Online without the fear of bans? (I know you need not swap at all, but in this case I can have my emulator roms on a microSD and regular Switch games in another)

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, this is good to know. So you can use your unpatched switch with OFW for homebrewing and playing emulators and just swap the microSD for playing Switch Online without the fear of bans? (I know you need not swap at all, but in this case I can have my emulator roms on a microSD and regular Switch games in another)

Think you have misunderstood by a long way.
It doesnt matter if you use 1 or 100 micro sd cards,
If you connect to any of Nintendos servers
-The eshop, system update, game updates, online gaming, basically any online service nintendo provides on Custom firmware, you risk a ban.
Things like incognito & 90 dns allow you to connect online to homebrew related services & prevent nintendo related online services to prevent a ban. You cannot homebrew OFW at all(idk where you got that idea).

BattlingNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Think you have misunderstood by a long way.
It doesnt matter if you use 1 or 100 micro sd cards,
If you connect to any of Nintendos servers
-The eshop, system update, game updates, online gaming, basically any online service nintendo provides on Custom firmware, you risk a ban.
Things like incognito & 90 dns allow you to connect online to homebrew related services & prevent nintendo related online services to prevent a ban. You cannot homebrew OFW at all(idk where you got that idea).
Oh, understood. I probably misunderstood OP's question related answers. Thanks again for clarifying!

RA-DYN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wanna ask, i have switch first gen serial number xaw1007xxxx and bought it new with condition already cfw using atmosphere inside sd card 128gb.. since new till now always at airplane mode and play offline.. but nowaday i want to play online, so from what i learn at ur topic disscussion (cmiiw), i just need to power off and shutdown my switch and then boot it up normally without auto rcm, dongle, jigs, etc. to get back play online without any risk of banned? . just so simple? . neither remove sd card it will be alright? . sorry guys i need enlightenment coz still newbie about all of this stuff -_-"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu