Gaming Nintendo Switch Slim out Next Year OR 3DS Successor WTF!

Sheikah Impa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? 3-6 hours that bad? and i guess some people have tiny pockets...
It's 2.5 to 6 hours depending on what game you're playing, and I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say games that use less resources like 2D and very simple games will most likely use the less amount of power. But it's quite obvious that intensive games like Legend of Zelda and Mario will use a lot of power. Regardless, that's about an hour below the new 3ds, which is 3.5 to about 7. And I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but if you've actually looked at the portable switch with joycons attached, it will not fit in a regular pocket buddy. Even if you take it apart...Do you realize how inconvenient that is to stick joy cons with analog sticks on them in tight jean pocket? Even if you were perhaps wearing bottoms that had large enough pockets to hold each part, that's kind of uninventive. Why would they make you do all of that for a portable console, when the 3ds is just open and close?

Last edited by Sheikah Impa,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't really regret my N3ds purchase either i just regret my 3DS xl purchase a year earluer after i got a 3ds in 2011
had i known i probably would have waited , but i am disappointed they never made any games i wanted since N3ds release besides MM3d

i don't regret my wii u purchase either because i only paid $90 for it
but i can not see paying much more for it for the tiny must have game library
i certainly can not justify paying $400 to play mario odyseey (the only game i am interested in besides BOTW which i will be playing wii u)
the only game that looks good for at least 1 year ,
and i have a really sneaking suspicion they are going to release a new HD tablet portion at some point, they said they were interested in VR
no way they can do that on 720 screen, so i suspect since the system is so modular they will release new tablet portion for VR, of course you will have to buy a daydream like adapter too
i just do not trust them i can see being left high and dry ,if they end up releasing VR and and VR metroid as some have baselessly speculated about and i am stuck with a 720 tablet and can't play it i will be pissed
Agree with a lot of that but consider that Nintendo hardware, at least right now, is holding its value even better than Apple products. When I can trade in a 4+ year old O3DS XL, kid owned, big chip on the hinge, camera crashes system for $130 store credit at GameStop when I paid $199 for it, I don't regret that. At all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's 2.5 to 6 hours depending on what game you're playing, and I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say games that use less resources like 2D and very simple games will most likely use the less amount of power. But it's quite obvious that intensive games like Legend of Zelda and Mario will use a lot of power. Regardless, that's about an hour below the new 3ds, which is 3.5 to about 7. And I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but if you've actually looked at the portable switch with joycons attached, it will not fit in a regular pocket buddy. Even if you take it apart...Do you realize how inconvenient that is to stick joy cons with analog triggers on them in tight jean pocket? Even if you were perhaps wearing bottoms that had large enough pockets to hold each part, that's kind of uninventive. Why would they make you do all of that for a portable console, when the 3ds is just open and close?
Analog triggers? You are going to blow some minds with that claim.

Last edited by thorasgar,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree with a lot of that but consider that Nintendo hardware, at least right now, is holding its value even better than Apple products. When I can trade in a 4+ year old O3DS XL, kid owned, big chip on the hinge, camera crashes system for $130 store credit at GameStop when I paid $199 for it, I don't regret that. At all.

yeah good point i checked last week and they told me 110 cash i think but i though they said credit was the same i didn't know it was $130 cash now , i didn't have the system with me but mine is mint, plus i only paid 150 for it i think on black friday

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah good point i checked last week and they told me 110 cash i think but i though they said credit was the same i didn't know it was $130 cash now , i didn't have the system with me but mine is mint, plus i only paid 150 for it i think on black friday

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Absurd. What's the point of making the Switch portable if they're going to just make another portable system next year? May as well have just gotten rid of that gimmick, put more power into the console itself and lowered the price some.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $20 more for credit vs cash. Also the extra $25 is only through the 7th or 12th. It is listed on the website trade in page, you have to ask for it because it is a bonus.

Reactions: weatMod

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 2.5 to 6 hours depending on what game you're playing, and I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say games that use less resources like 2D and very simple games will most likely use the less amount of power. But it's quite obvious that intensive games like Legend of Zelda and Mario will use a lot of power. Regardless, that's about an hour below the new 3ds, which is 3.5 to about 7. And I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but if you've actually looked at the portable switch with joycons attached, it will not fit in a regular pocket buddy. Even if you take it apart...Do you realize how inconvenient that is to stick joy cons with analog sticks on them in tight jean pocket? Even if you were perhaps wearing bottoms that had large enough pockets to hold each part, that's kind of uninventive. Why would they make you do all of that for a portable console, when the 3ds is just open and close?
same reason people put phablets in their pockets. i'm sure they'll make a switch mini eventually for people with tight pants, as you called them.

as far as battery goes, there'll also be brightness settings as well. we'll see exactly how long itll last on lowest settings with bttery saver moder on vs full on. they said 3 hours for zelda is normal, and 6+ for simpler games, but who knows exactly how long and under what conditions. i'm concerned, but i'm not the 100% certain how justified those worries are, like you seem to be for some odd reason.

we'll see. hoping it last longer than the wii u gamepad (1.5 hours for me)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are missing the point. The Nintendo Switch is a home console first and handheld second. It is a wii u successor in reverse. If anything a true nintendo 3DS successor, will be a a true portable with a 720 screen and play the same games. It was the dead guy's (sorry i do not remember the names of people, I can not pronounce) dream for Nintendo home consoles and portables of the same generation to play the same exact games without rebuying them. The Nintendo switch is the first half of the first step. The Nintendo 3DS successor is the second half of the first step. Slimmer models with better battery life of both is probably the 2nd step. And the finale step is just making more power ( upgraded) versions of the slimmer models every few years. Got to face the true, PS4, Xbone and the NXes are the end of generations. Upgraded models every few years is the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr