1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I am glad that I have NES and SNES Classics (hack them for addition more games) as well as emulators for Switch and I am GOOD to go! You know why ? Because it is not worth. In the future there will be no more online for Switch and those will be useless and waste money. Yeah, I am wise and I will pass on this one anyway. NOT WORTH.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Bladexdsl likes this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I'm glad the games we're getting are good for SNES. Sure, one could hack the Switch, but IMO, it's kind of a pain, and the hacks aren't completely permanent *shrug* but to each their own. And also Star Ocean is out too, so, IDK lol.

3. azoreseuropa

United States
    Yeah, I completed this game when I was in teenager year. It was fun game.

4. kumikochan
    This message by kumikochan has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 5, 2019 Show
  5. Fusion
    This message by Fusion has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 5, 2019 Show
  6. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Nintendo has already understood how their market for old stuff works and knows people may keep paying regardless in order to use the online service. As is stands, it's a very meager offer, even if those games are actually excellent titles (Kirby Super Star and Super Punch-Out!! are fantastic, and Star Fox 2 is an unique title to have as well).

I don't really defend their practices as I've literally just signed for 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for, like, R$1 (that's less than a quarter of a dollar). The value is astoundingly insane. However, I do know that if one wants to play these Nintendo games, there's plenty of other ways already.

So, in short, I guess this changes nothing for me or for Nintendo or for a lot of people involved. lol
    I don't like sounding this condescending, but really, there's plenty of ways to play these old games nowadays even if it's a shame they're not on Switch. The Switch has a whole lot else!

7. kumikochan
    This message by kumikochan has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 5, 2019 Show
  8. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    They need to add Pro Action Replay and Game Genie support!

9. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    It has Rewind, that's pretty good

Tac 21 likes this.
  10. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    You won't be saying that the day Nintendo kills the Switch online service.

11. azoreseuropa

United States
    Nintendo will kill the SNES and NES online service in the future just like Wii U online. Why bother.

StupidGamer1 likes this.
  12. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Too bad Crystalis isn't the updated version, but the original version. I'm assuming, anyway. Still fun, though.

Since I got nintendo online to play online games and whatnot, this is more of a fringe benefit. But it's nice to just have it there and not have to do anything which might get my switch banned.

13. HylianBran

HylianBran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It was strange that Super Star wasn't available on NSO at launch, but Dreamland 3 was, I'm glad it's on.

banjo2 likes this.
  14. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    correct me if I'm wrong, buuut... nintendo won't let you buy these a la carte, do they?

15. mbcrazed

mbcrazed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    Well, I'm happy that Kirby Super Star is being released, but I would have been excited to see Chrono Trigger or Earthbound. Oh well, I guess good things come to those who wait!

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I really wished they did, that would be smart, very smart.

17. Pleng
    This message by Pleng has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  18. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Meh. Would've rather seen DKC or Super Mario RPG myself, so I'm still not inclined to keep an active NSO subscription that's not given to me for free.

Breath of Fire 2 is good though, so that's nice I guess?

Memoir likes this.
  19. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

United States
    Hay now, I wouldn't complain about the second thing. Kinda nice that there is precedent for a game being in a collection not gate keeping it from showing up in the service. =D

20. Edward_Kenway

Edward_Kenway Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Starfox 2 is enticing but not worth buying a subscription for. The emulator is meant to have some input lag and other problems which detract from the experience.

If I remember correctly the updated Super FX chip which the game was meant to run on never got released. It was meant to be faster than the one that came with Starfox. The closest we can get to what the game was meant to be on real hardware is a reproduction cartridge using the ROM dump and a Super FX chip with a crystal oscillator overclocking it.

21. kumikochan
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  22. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    In this day and age of mainstream developers not giving a single tiny fraction of care towards game preservation, it's fantastic to see an exclusive game get more means of playability (and not to mention get on another system that could potentially extract it before it becomes unavailable down the road when online systems inevitably close down, looking at you DSi shop and Wii shop).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
  23. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    For that you have people who dumbproms or crack games just like the news that just came out that a Disney game with DRM can't be downloaded anymore even when people bought it (Tron) but the cracked version works perfectly fine. That's a whole other reason to hate Nintendo tho since they care more about pleasing their corporate stock holders than game preservation seeing they're being the ones mostly attacking those crackers and rom dumpers.

24. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Yes, this is true.

I would also like to point out that it might be seen as selfish to demand a game stay exclusive to any console. The initial reason for it is for a company to try to make more money over another buy enticing customers to play more of their console. In this iteration, it doesn't even make sense, as Nintendo wouldn't be competing against themselves. In the end, exclusivity only hurts the consumer.

I can somewhat understand how you'd feel betrayed because you bought a system specifically because it had a game that was only going to be on there. However, one has to realize that it's the same concept of buying a game on launch versus buying it at a discount down the road, and that we paid the price we did for that and cannot get upset that others pay a lower price (or in this case, they get to play the game on other systems). Same sort of mentality older people are having against younger ones now regarding student loan forgiveness.

25. Fusion
    This message by Fusion has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  26. kumikochan
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  27. Fusion
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  28. kumikochan
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  29. Fusion
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  30. Pleng
    This message by Pleng has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Dec 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  31. kumikochan
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  32. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    All this bolox talk which started over exclusives lol -nobody cares what is an exclusive or not just fkin play the games and stop acting so immature

33. Fusion
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  34. kumikochan
    Dec 6, 2019 Show
  35. Fusion
    Dec 6, 2019 Show

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - subscribers, Nintendo, December