Nintendo Switch Online SNES games for July 2021 revealed

Been waiting for some new Super Nintendo games to play on your Nintendo Switch? Well, three new titles will be heading to the service for subscribers to Nintendo Switch Online. Later this month, Claymates, Jelly Boy, and Bombuzal will be a part of the SNES library, with this marking the first official release of Jelly Boy outside of Europe. It looks like they aren't any NES titles in the lineup for this month, either. All three games will be available on July 28th.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, there are some pretty nice RPG's on the SNES list, there's Breath of Fire 1 and 2 for example, they're gorgeous games.

The Breath of Fire series are kinda meh games, honestly. And other JRPGs are a bit beside the point. MegaTen is huge over here now, and they're releasing them on the Japanese NSO. They could throw us a bone and give us some stuff that we've literally never gotten to play before (legally, anyway). Clearly, they're not interested in doing that. Pac-Man 99 is the only reason I have that shit service right now.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Breath of Fire series are kinda meh games, honestly. And other JRPGs are a bit beside the point. MegaTen is huge over here now, and they're releasing them on the Japanese NSO. They could throw us a bone and give us some stuff that we've literally never gotten to play before (legally, anyway). Clearly, they're not interested in doing that. Pac-Man 99 is the only reason I have that shit service right now.

If was never released in the west, it's one thing to have a random shooter or arcade in japanese, but a full on text heavy game? People would complain they couldn't read it and that Nintendo should translate it (when it's not up to Nintendo).

Also, Breath of Fire was in general a pretty good, solid, series, calling calling BoF 1 and 2 "meh games" is just ignorant.

Last edited by Skelletonike,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and people pay for this service?

giphy.gif

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Earthbound.... Chrono Trigger?
N64.... Gamecube... Wiii
I am waiting Nintendo. If I didn't need online for Mario Maker I would have hacked my Switch by now.

DiJornios

DiJiorno
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny cuz I am playing through a bunch of GameCube games on my tablet w/ Dolphin and currently on my 5th run through of Luigi's Mansion, if this is what Nintendo offers for their classics selection on their current platform in 2021 I don't see how I'll ever stop emulating their old games so it's more convenient for me to play

Last edited by DiJornios,

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If was never released in the west, it's one thing to have a random shooter or arcade in japanese, but a full on text heavy game? People would complain they couldn't read it and that Nintendo should translate it (when it's not up to Nintendo).

Also, Breath of Fire was in general a pretty good, solid, series, calling calling BoF 1 and 2 "meh games" is just ignorant.

They're slow and plodding. They've aged poorly, and they weren't great the first time around. They're literally the definition of 'meh' RPGs that were basically being phoned in at that point in time. Capcom is still around, but that series isn't. It should tell you something. Next you're going to ask for 7th Saga.

Nintendo has licensed games for translation that they themselves didn't make. The finally did that, for example, with Tales of Phantasia when it was released on the GBA. They probably won't do that for a NSO release, and it's unlikely that Altus would even let them touch one of their games, but something more than the rehashed crap we've gotten lately would be nice.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't heard of any of these games, not gonna say they're bad games, just not ones i'm interested in. As for the switch's virtual consoles as a whole, they got some OK games in them, not enough to make me stop emulating entirely however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning