ROM Hack Question Nintendo Switch Online: possibility to upload/download save file using a PC?

Scried

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking about this recently: Would it be possible to upload (and download) your Nintendo Switch Online - Save Data Cloud Backup files on your PC?

You see, back in March 2017 I did not buy a Switch since I did not have the money at the time and I did not find the launch titles (outside of Zelda) very interesting. I did play Zelda on my Wii U though (over 100 hours), but never actually finished it. Now that I do own a Switch (bought it in June this year and it is vulnerable to the Tegra X1 exploit), I would like to continue playing this save on my Switch (even if this means I have to buy the game again), but unfortunately there is no official way to transfer your save cross platform. In the end I dumped my Wii U save and used a tool to convert it to a Switch save. I also bought a RCM-jig, but never actually used it to run Checkpoint to import my save. It is the only Switch I have and I don’t want it to get banned and I'm too paranoid to run the Homebrew Menu.

So this is why I thought it would be a perfect solution to upload/download saves from/to a PC, so I would be able to send my Wii U save file to Nintendo’s server without having to launch the Homebrew Menu. The one thing that sucks though is that I would first need to encrypt it I guess, so I would need a console unique key. Would I be able to dump this key by using a program that runs on boot, (not an .nro file since it needs to boot the Switch’s firmware with patches to enable the Homebrew Menu), something similar to biskeydump or something?

Reactions: blopa
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://themodernproper.com/chicken-piccata