Nintendo Switch Online NES/SNES games for July revealed

More Super Nintendo games are headed to the Nintendo Switch Online service. This month, subscribers are getting a pretty major title that’s been noticeably lacking from the library until now: Donkey Kong Country. The 1994 Rareware-developed platformer will be available to play on your Nintendo Switch this July 15th, alongside two other titles: Natsume Championship Wrestling for the SNES, and The Immortal--an isometric action-adventure fantasy game--for the NES.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now, I know. Thank you. I will grab it and see how it is doing. Mine is modded so I know where to get it. Thanks for your explanation. Much appreciated!

You're very welcome! I have NES and SNES emulators in most of my other devices and consoles, but I think it's still worth to have it on the Switch if you have the online subscription, just for the fun! :yay:

Reactions: spotanjo3
D

Deleted User

One day, Nintendo Switch is dead then online will be offline and it will be useless. It is require to run online, I believe? I never used it on my jailbreak Switch because I don't want to use the online. I am staying unban and I am not into online. Never was and never will anyway.

actually my offline set with the full usa rom sets does not require you to be online so...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL what a joke.
DKC after two+ years of the System, and another two mediocre games.

No, thanks.
You can keep your shitty service and shitty catalog, Nintendo.
I'll keep using RetroArch with almost no limits on systems nor games that I can play :)

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
tumblr_n8odproerY1tdq0nbo1_500.png

Did you know?

dcx6723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but this is nicer to be honest with you. It can be modied with more games in it but online only ? That's why I am very confused about this one. I always keep back off from this but still intend to use it. I am very curious. Confusion.
On SX OS, it remains usable offline all the time

Reactions: spotanjo3

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That NES game looks interesting. Might give it a play or two. Also been waiting awhile for DKC to drop on there. I love that game to bits. I will probably actually play it beginning to end because I don’t currently have a portable (hacked or otherwise) that runs SNES games well.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I don't care too much for the immortal, shout outs to Piko Interactive for busting their butts. Trying to find those previously unavailable licensed games. Not that I have much attachment to the games they are getting for publishing, but they are pulling some gold for most people. :)

arjunpatel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see this kind of shit is the reason why i went the retroarch + no intro route. i would love to support this type of thing but the wii(u) did it better with the VC and VC is what the switch needs.the games they have been pumping out have been meh for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: