Nintendo Switch Online NES/SNES games for December revealed, includes Donkey Kong Country 3

More classic games are on the way, for users subscribed to the Nintendo Switch Online service. Five more titles will be added to NES and SNES library on Switch, on December 18th. These additions include Nightshade, for the NES, and Super Valis IV, Tuff E Nuff, The Ignition Factor, and Donkey Kong Country 3, for the Super NES. December's lineup means that players will finally be able to experience all three of the original Donkey Kong Country games on the Nintendo Switch, following Donkey Kong Country 2's addition back in September.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKC3 yay!

Nightshade? I'd rather SEGA port both Shinobi PS2 and the sequel of which it shares this game's title.

Valis on NES? I thought those were only on 16-bit systems...?

The Ignition Factor...? I doubt

And hey you, punk! Are You Tuff E'Nuff for the better selection of fighters you can buy on the Switch which include, but are not limited to:

*Smash Ultimate
*ARMS
*Blazblue Central Fiction or Cross Tag Battle (the former's better IMO)
*Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (if only this version got the rollback netcode the PC version is getting ;o;)
*Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
*Mortal Kombat 11 (which is still better, warts and all on the Switch)
*Any of the SNK Neo-Geo ports (though if you want the highlights, KOF98, Garou MOTW, Samsho V Special and Samsho 2, and Last Blade 2 are good gets)
*SNK Heroines...which I haven't played personally myself, but I'm sure it's fun!

And I could go on...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ONE good game DKC3 the rest aren't even worth mentioning. and people PAY FOR THIS?! :rofl2:

I have barely touched the NES or SNES games and still got my money's worth, which is under 10 bucks per year, since I share a family subscription. No whataboutism needed here, but please name a cheaper subscription service in the field of entertainment that provides more than just online functionality.

If you try to reduce the service to those old games, you clearly must be desperately seeking for reasons to hate on it. You are probably the type to argue that a subscription would always cost $3.99 a month, because the 1-month pay plan says so.

Last edited by Axido,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have barely touched the NES or SNES games and still got my money's worth, which is under 10 bucks per year, since I share a family subscription. No whataboutism needed here, but please name a cheaper subscription service in the field of entertainment that provides more than just online functionality.

If you try to reduce the service to those old games, you clearly must be desperately seeking for reasons to hate on it. You are probably the type to argue that a subscription would always cost $3,99 a month, because the 1-month pay plan says so.

I believe GeForce Now, before publishers ran away from Nvidia's giant get in terms of value late last year, was cheaper iirc.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe GeForce Now, before publishers ran away from Nvidia's giant get in terms of value late last year, was cheaper iirc.

I only found $4.99 per month or $24.99 per six months for GeForce Now, which is still above the most expensive Switch Online subscription. To be clear here, we could look at the worst case of $47.88 a year (using one month subscription) as well as the lower limit of $5 a year (family subscription shared between 7 users). I guess most users would be using the 12 months subscription at $19.99 per year and/or get occasional three month codes with their games. However, I was referring to my very own subscription plan that leaves me with costs of less than $10 per year. To me this is ridiculously low and I have never seen any other service at that pricing, no matter the (lack of) benefits.

You could of course say that Steam still has the lowest costs for playing online, but that again would reduce NSO to just that.

Last edited by Axido,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've always lobed JALECO's music on their games.
Brawl Brothers is by far my favourite among them all.

About the Nightshade NES game... wasn't that unleased?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only found $4.99 per month or $24.99 per six months for GeForce Now, which is still above the most expensive Switch Online subscription. To be clear here, we could look at the worst case of $47.88 a year (using one month subscription) as well as the lower limit of $5 a year (family subscription shared between 7 users). I guess most users would be using the 12 months subscription at $19.99 per year and/or get occasional three month codes with their games. However, I was referring to my very own subscription plan that leaves me with costs of less than $10 per year. To me this is ridiculously low and I have never seen any other service at that pricing, no matter the (lack of) benefits.

You could of course say that Steam still has the lowest costs for playing online, but that again would reduce NSO to just that.

Thing is, unless you play games online with the Switch, then you're throwing money down the toilet, especially since, i
It's an underrated SNES hidden gem. You gotta check it out. It's a fireman simulator where you save people. Objective's kinda boring but it's fun.

Is this the same game known as The Firemen in European regions? Or something different?

The game I'm thinking of:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry you can't afford $1.67 monthly for online gaming and some bonus old school games thrown in for your subscription.

There are better ways to play these games on a Switch though *coughs in RetroArch on Horizon and lakka, if you still want to use that in spite of it not receiving updates in forever*.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might sound like a broken record, but i just wish they would release virtual console and stop beating around the bush.

Nintendo has the capabilities of playing NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS games flawlessly they should make a device to let you dump the cartridges to play. Seems like a smart Idea for people who still have their old games to play them on new hardware there is no excuse why modders can do something illegally that Nintendo can do legally.

Hence which is why I don't blame people for wanting to mod their systems it's hard to compare SNES/NES online to complete romsets on retroarch

Reactions: Rafciu

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the valis series is quite good having played part 2 on the turbo grafx, but of course the music in the turbo grafx version is going to be better. and, dkc 3 = :D if you've seen any of my attempts to get as many lives as possible in the "what did you accomplish in gaming today" thread, you'll know I love the game. I've been using a retron 3 hd and the actual cart and controller for those runs. I think the best I've done is 62 lives by Kong-Fused Cliffs (where I usually stop).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.