Nintendo Switch Online NES games for May 2019 revealed

07027FA0-416D-4D9D-8CF6-E42985E1793D.jpeg

A new month has begun, and that means it’s time to see which classic NES games will be added to the collection of available titles through Nintendo Switch Online. This May will see the addition of three games: Vs. Excitebike, Clu Clu Land, and Donkey Kong JR. Currently, they’re listed as “upcoming” on the official Nintendo website, where subscribers to Nintendo Switch Online will be able to access these games fairly soon, once the reveal video goes live.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think I actually like these NES games? No way in hell do I enjoy them, couldn't care less, nor do I even want to pay 5 dollars a month for this crap.
It's $1.67 per month if you do 12 months

Honestly very affordable

Reactions: Chary

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We kno this but it's nes games I'd say 90 % of people really can't be arsed to play them
I view it more like you are paying for online play (something every other console does) with tiny bonus of nes games - which you don't have to play

It is the most affordable of all the services - it is also the most bare bones

You get what you pay for, and honestly I think it's a very fair price all things considered

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I view it more like you are paying for online play (something every other console does) with tiny bonus of nes games - which you don't have to play

You get what you pay for, and honestly I think it's a very fair price all things considered
You're paying for P2P multiplayer. That's almost an insult.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta admit, SX OS Emunand is almost making purchase it because of this thing.

If they put Contra, Battle City, Binary Land, Milk and Nuts and a couple more of those that made me wake up at 6am to play a bit before going to school at 8am...

I might buy it. Or go legit, once I find Hello Kitty and Lego Worlds for cheap.

What do you mean?

The nsp of this works just fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $1.67 per month if you do 12 months

Honestly very affordable

Not refuting the price, refuting the lack of content. NES games were never worth the price of admission for me.

Online gaming, perhaps, but for NES games and no option to individually purchase games like in a VC service, no dice.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

except while you pay more in other consoles you get current gen games free not nes games that are very very old and can be played on a gameboy, most nes games didnt age well with very few exceptions, so most people dont play them at all.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except while you pay more in other consoles you get current gen games free not nes games that are very very old and can be played on a gameboy, most nes games didnt age well with very few exceptions, so most people dont play them at all.

To me, it seems like Nintendo is releasing NES games out of desperation, in hopes to having more long-term subscribers. So far, most people are only doing it sporadically, and not for entire year-long subscriptions. I sure as heck don't blame 'em, NES games have not aged well. Once they have other systems, Snes, N64, GBA, hell, even GBC, would be better than boring NES.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think for 1/3 of the price of PS+ it makes sense

You are foremost paying for online services here

Most people I know don't even play the PS free games either

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah because like the NES games on Switch, most of the free games suck. I'm surprised no one is defending the NES games on here.

Reactions: x65943

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

your wrong there lol, ps plus on ps3 had thousands of subscribbers and online was free on ps3, people payed so they would get the free games, so yeah totaly diferent, people since ps3 wihch wasnt required at all to play online, payed to get free games ...

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your wrong there lol, ps plus on ps3 had thousands of subscribbers and online was free on ps3, people payed so they would get the free games, so yeah totaly diferent, people since ps3 wihch wasnt required at all to play online, payed to get free games ...
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am talking about the PS4, not the PS3 which launched 13 years ago

That system doesn't make much sense as a comparison to modern console services

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I am talking about the PS4, not the PS3 which launched 13 years ago

That system doesn't make much sense as a comparison to modern console services
a single ps plus service would give you games on ps3,ps4 and psvita, sure they stopped on ps3vita on february 2019 but a single account gave you games on all 3 systems at once incase you didnt knew that for years, also each game they give is a game that is worth something, nintendo just gives you games that no one would probably pay 5 dollars to play this days...

just this year
january ps4 games
february
march
april
Also they only stopped ofering free games for ps3 and psvite on march so you got amazing games on ps3 and vita and ps4 for a single subscription for instance on february, so yeah since ps4 released you would get 6 free games for 3 diferent consoles and this only stopped 3 months ago.

February 2019 PS Plus Games
PS4
PS3
PS Vita
  • Rogue Aces (Cross-buy with PS4)
  • GunHouse (Cross-buy with PS4)

but heck you cant compare a single ps4 game offer to the crap nes games...

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a single ps plus service would give you games on ps3,ps4 and psvita, sure they stopped on ps3vita on february 2019 but a single account gave you games on all 3 systems at once incase you didnt knew that for years, also each game they give is a game that is worth something, nintendo just gives you games that no one would probably pay 5 dollars to play this days...

just this year
january ps4 games
february
march
april
Also they only stopped ofering free games for ps3 and psvite on march so you got amazing games on ps3 and vita and ps4 for a single subscription for instance on february, so yeah since ps4 released you would get 6 free games for 3 diferent consoles and this only stopped 3 months ago.

February 2019 PS Plus Games
PS4
PS3
PS Vita
  • Rogue Aces (Cross-buy with PS4)
  • GunHouse (Cross-buy with PS4)

but heck you cant compare a single ps4 game offer to the crap nes games...
I understand your point, but most people I know just play new games and don't bother with the freebies

In that case, they are paying the additional $40 per year with no additional benefit

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I understand your point, but most people I know just play new games and don't bother with the freebies

In that case, they are paying the additional $40 per year with no additional benefit
to each their own, like i said ps plus had thousands of subscribers since ps3 days and the ps3 did not need subscription for online so many people paid just for the free games, also having psplus means you get discounts on pstore wich saves even more money, nintendo doesnt even do that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative