Nintendo Switch Online NES games for July 2019 revealed, rewind feature being added

With every new month comes a new pair of NES titles to be added for subscribers to the Nintendo Switch Online service. Now that we're already partway into July, Nintendo has lifted the curtain on what games they'll be adding this time around. On July 17th, Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew will become part of the selection of now over 40 NES games that you can play on the Nintendo Switch. It seems like Nintendo is still focusing on their original classic titles, despite fans anxiously awaiting a possible tease of Super Nintendo games, one day.

If Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew aren't your cup of tea, there will be an extra little bonus feature added to Switch Online NES games, that same day: a rewind function. By pressing ZL or ZR, you'll be able to rewind your progress, in order to correct your mistakes. This is a common feature seen in both emulators and on other reproduction hardware, so it'll be a nice addition for those that play the offered NES titles.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The slow down feature is the best part of Smash online. I'm not kidding. If you want to see a fighting game that doesn't have slow-down, try playing Street Fighter V against a Ken from Brazil. Now THAT'S unplayable.

But when the speed fluctuates constantly, and is always below what you're used to practicing at.. It really fucks with me.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I did send it back and get a refund, just opted at the time not to replace it.

My original post on this whole matter was a little irate and made in an inebriated state. I don't think NES games are garbage really, but this distribution system of them is and I stand by the greedy Nintendo statement.
Yeah, I do kinda wish they were weekly, and not monthly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When you don't know that actually, people pay for the online service alone, to be able to play online features in Smash Bros, SMM2, splatoon, Mario Kart8, CTR NF, Tetris 99 and many others. Is shit but unfortunately is mandatory, and the NES games no one asked for happen to be included.

So stop being a dick.
from what i see they still using p2p only their omline costs them nothing, people pay and they still go p2p from the ds,wii days, that is the reason mario maker 2 vs mode is umplayable, srs cant get a good match to save the life of them, and a game like that with so few miniimum requirements would cost them cheap for some dedicated servers ...

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you don't know that actually, people pay for the online service alone, to be able to play online features in Smash Bros, SMM2, splatoon, Mario Kart8, CTR NF, Tetris 99 and many others. Is shit but unfortunately is mandatory, and the NES games no one asked for happen to be included.

So stop being a dick.

Anyone in this thread missing the Wii and Wii U?

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone in this thread missing the Wii and Wii U?

Oooh, yeah. I had a smoother time online in Brawl and Smash 4 (3DS) then Ultimate. Definitely miss the wide selection for virtual console too.

Isn’t it odd that Wiimmfi, an independent, fan-run service that doesn’t even cost anything has better connection stability than Nintendo Switch Online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.