Nintendo Switch Online NES games for July 2019 revealed, rewind feature being added

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 10, 2019.

1. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    We want fck N64 games, Is so hard to understand???

Bladexdsl and StrayGuitarist like this.
  2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Most of the good games are already here. Now it's just a crapshoot.

banjo2 and StrayGuitarist like this.
  3. LucasM3

LucasM3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    Canada
    If they are out of NES games they should maybe start going to other consoles.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Nice. Now please add a fastforward to SNES era button as well ;)

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    which you need to PAY for... :teach:

wiewiec likes this.
  6. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    When you don't know that actually, people pay for the online service alone, to be able to play online features in Smash Bros, SMM2, splatoon, Mario Kart8, CTR NF, Tetris 99 and many others. Is shit but unfortunately is mandatory, and the NES games no one asked for happen to be included.

So stop being a dick.

Pleng and StrayGuitarist like this.
  7. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I do not really care for this NES games, they're old and most of them not aged really well. Problems is with how nintendo handles their online - crappy p2p connection. And greed behind not to add proper option to locally backup saves - pay wall.

8. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp's Official Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Indeed, that's why I said is shit, but unfortunately mandatory. I have sent them a couple of mails with video proof complaining about lag in smash bros and super mario maker 2 even tho I have 30mbps internet, and they only reward me with gold points and making lame excuses on how they will improve their shitty p2p service lol.

9. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I think community should boycot them and refuse to pay for it, since their service is crap and only option to make saves backup is to pay for it. Free to play games are only option that they cover their lack of investment in proper network. Also dislikes under all their NES online stuff shows what most of users think about it, most of them often post sth likie "times to rearrange icons and close app for another month...

10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Wrecking Crew is awesome. One of my first games.

11. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    30mbps does not mandate how quick the connection to the other players would be. You're mistaking download speed with latency. In this day and age network/p2p lag is unavoidable. No matter how much you complain to Nintendo, it's not going to stop. The only thing I can suggest is a wired connection to a good router if not the modem directly. Been dealing with this nonsense my whole life because of a crappy cable ISP. I have 100dn/10up and my ping averages in the triple digits in some games.

12. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Oh boy! Oh boy! I finally get to play Donkey Kong JR again!

The game that I only ever played because I had the E-Reader cards as a hand-me-down and was on a long car ride!

And, woah, a rewind feature?!

I don't think it's quite stagnation.. but it's certainly not innovation.. It feels like Nintendo is blowing apart my preconceived notions for hardware,
    and completely missing the mark on what I've seen in their software before. (Except for their first-party games.)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Completely agree on the part about NES games. I dug the hell out of 'em as a kid, they were super influential at the time, but the majority of them can be incredibly frustrating to play nowadays. The only ones I really see merit in touching nowadays are so few and far between it's not worth this whole setup unwillingly tacked onto my NSO subscription.

Warning: Mini Nintendo Switch Online rant within..
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    "please understand"

aerios169 likes this.
  14. diggeloid

diggeloid Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    The slow down feature is the best part of Smash online. I'm not kidding. If you want to see a fighting game that doesn't have slow-down, try playing Street Fighter V against a Ken from Brazil. Now THAT'S unplayable.

15. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    With the Switch Lite just around the corner I'm wondering if we might not end up getting GBA games before SNES games.

Scarlet likes this.
  16. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Mother 3 and Fire Emblem 6 would be great titles to kick it off ;O;

17. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    in ur orbit
    Dude, just get a Joy-Con charger, or just stick 'em on the sides of your switch.

18. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I stick them on the sides when I remember or when needed, but the charge is lost after like a couple weeks of just sitting there. I was planning to get a charger to counter that inconvenience along with spare joycon doing the same thing, but since the NES controllers are longer than standard joycons, most chargers have a lip at the base that hits and won't accommodate them. I did find one that is confirmed to work, but it arrived from Amazon busted and I haven't tried to order it again.

19. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    in ur orbit
    You should contact Amazon about that.

20. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I did send it back and get a refund, just opted at the time not to replace it.

My original post on this whole matter was a little irate and made in an inebriated state. I don't think NES games are garbage really, but this distribution system of them is and I stand by the greedy Nintendo statement.