Nintendo Switch Online NES games for July 2019 revealed, rewind feature being added

With every new month comes a new pair of NES titles to be added for subscribers to the Nintendo Switch Online service. Now that we're already partway into July, Nintendo has lifted the curtain on what games they'll be adding this time around. On July 17th, Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew will become part of the selection of now over 40 NES games that you can play on the Nintendo Switch. It seems like Nintendo is still focusing on their original classic titles, despite fans anxiously awaiting a possible tease of Super Nintendo games, one day.

If Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew aren't your cup of tea, there will be an extra little bonus feature added to Switch Online NES games, that same day: a rewind function. By pressing ZL or ZR, you'll be able to rewind your progress, in order to correct your mistakes. This is a common feature seen in both emulators and on other reproduction hardware, so it'll be a nice addition for those that play the offered NES titles.

Scarlet

Soy Consoomer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nintendo officially out of ideas so they start ripping off features from emulators :lol:
I mean, they're ripping it off from their own emulator too? Didn't the SNES Mini have this as a feature? I'm more surprised it wasn't added sooner lol.

It's a real shame about all of this though, all they need to do is start dipping into their SNES library and fans will be drooling over it. Nintendo are silly.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Glyptofane

Death Dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, yea, more old garbage. I bought the controllers too. Every time I go to play one of these games, the batteries are dead. Please put USB-c on SNES if you greedy shits decide to give us such advanced, late-stage scraps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Open a thread in the respective section, you'll get more help there.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is an "illustrated address"
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I suspect wants to either extract graphics data or is a bad translation for trying to figure out cheats
    Gift
    Or maybe change a palette
    Gift
  • selever @ selever:
    im kinda confused? are u talking about title IDs video games have or something like that? as dinohscene suggested i think ur best off making a thread there tho
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    you need to decompile whatever the source you're trying to read. First identify if it's wether a compiled program section, an ELF or an asset. Check out tutorials on how to do it
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    there's a billion of them
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    if it's a compiled program section, it has an entrypoint (jump to init code), a base stack address and a base program address.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    but yeah the mods have already spoken
    Gift
    sup coto!
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    dinoh
    ! how's life going bro
    Gift
    shite but still alive haha
    Gift
    Well that's a good thing (the alive part) lol
    Gift
    I know things are gonna be better come 2024
    Gift
    but still, the mere fact of knowing that until 2024, things remain shit is depressing to say the least
    Gift
    Yeah that's when Trump will be president again! Lol
    Gift
    Make America great again again lol
    Gift
    I feel like things are better than we give credit for all things considered
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    indeed dino, the whole point of this tactic is demoralization
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    that's where we gotta stay moralized and help the others.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    it acts as some kind of sect, you get all the weirdos to go against you for no reason
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    if you don't follow the agenda
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    I have $60,000 to spare what should I spend it on?
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    stonks
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Going to the 89 cents store. Be back in a cool min.
    Gift
    SG854 @ SG854: Going to the 89 cents store. Be back in a cool min.