Nintendo Switch Online NES games for August 2019 revealed

Are you ready for more NES games? Because it's a brand new month, which means a brand new pair of retro games are about to be added to the catalog of playable NES titles for those that subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online. This month sees the addition of Kung-Fu Heroes and Vice: Project Doom, on August 21st. The former is a 1986 port of a 1984 arcade game, which is a beat-em-up that supports coop play with up to two players. Meanwhile, the latter is a side-scrolling action-platformer, with a few slight similarities to a more well-known NES title, Ninja Gaiden. Vice: Project Doom was developed by Aicom, a subsidiary of Sammy Industries, and Kung-Fu Heroes was created by a company now known as Culture Brain.

Kung-Fu Heroes: Monsters have taken Princess Min-Min and the 10 treasures of the land, and the people have fallen into sorrow. Only Kung-Fu Masters Jacky and Lee can save the princess and retrieve the treasures! Their journey will take them to eight different castles filled with hosts of traps and obstacles. Use punches and the Miracle Kick to defeat the enemies. You will need quick wits and lightning reflexes to make it to the last castle!

Vice: Project Doom: There exists a group of undercover detectives who dare stand up to the evil in the world... They are known as Vice. Officer Quinn Hart, a member of Vice, is on the case and after the truth. High-speed car chases, action-packed battles employing three types of weapons and a mode with three 3D rail-shooting stages all bring this cyberpunk world to life.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A SEGA game on a Nintendo Console. :creep:

upload_2019-8-9_1-26-42.png

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just how obscure are these releases gonna get before they finally start giving us SNES games?

They'll do that once they can figure out how to engineer the joy-con slides onto SNES controllers and still have the same L+R as the originals. Also once they can figure out how to charge an ungodly amount of money for them (compared to the $9.99 NES mini's controller or the SNES Classic mini's included controllers.). I already don't feel like paying $60 for a pair of controllers, of which I have a dozen nearly-identical ones sitting around from over the years. I also don't feel like shelling that out on two nostalgia turds when I could have a more useful single controller (clickable analogs, triggers, motion controls, etc.) for the same price, authenticity be damned.

I actually just wish they'd release a cheap way to connect the wired controllers from the NES/SNES classic to the switch. Literally a firmware update would let us connect a Wii Remote and use the classic controllers through the bottom connector.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Regarding the high prioce of the NES Controllers (and possible SNES Controllers):
My NES Switch Controllers are still in their packaging, hoping that I will be able to sell them in the future for a good price. And since they were limited to one order each person I am not "stealing" someones controllers, so don't come at me with that argument (yes, I had this talk more than one time).

If Nintendo releases SNES Controllers I will do the same. The JoyCons / Pro Controller / SFC30 from 8bit-do are good enough for NES / SNES games.
I look at it like a "long term investment".

Regarding SNES Games: When was the SNES Controller Icon in the Switch FW found? And is it still in the current firmware?
My one year subscription which I started at day one (Sept. 18) has to be renewed in a few month. I gues that this will be the point where Nintendo will talk about SNES games, for the 1 year aniversary of Switch Online. Would make sense from a business standpoint, too: Give people that had a one year subscription and were dissapointed with it a "new" reason to continue their subscription.

D

Deleted User

My monthly lol, thanks nintendo !
Well, with this stuff and splatoon/fornite thingy, they are doing their best to cattle both old farts and millenials into the online milking farm.

Want to play on my Arcade Cabinets? Hit me up on Discord

A man of taste.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK over 600 people hav viewed this thread - everyone email nintendo saying godamit we want fkin snes games

D

Deleted User

Literally a firmware update would let us connect a Wii Remote and use the classic controllers through the bottom connector.

You nailed it, why would they do that ? They always made big bucks on accessories. Nintendo is the sheer essence of planned obsolescence.

OK over 600 people hav viewed this thread - everyone email nintendo saying godamit we want fkin snes games

And f*** my SX ?
Hohoho, hell no.

I've been waiting for legal GC emulation since the dawn of time.
Now I don't expect anything from Nintendo and will enjoy Metroid Prime on GPDWin or SmachZ.

Nintendo sucked dry the nostalgia marrow of too many people, time to move on.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And claim, that the old switch can't emulate SNES. Oh wait... We've had this before...
At least the 3DS had more systems.
Regarding the high prioce of the NES Controllers (and possible SNES Controllers):
My NES Switch Controllers are still in their packaging, hoping that I will be able to sell them in the future for a good price. And since they were limited to one order each person I am not "stealing" someones controllers, so don't come at me with that argument (yes, I had this talk more than one time).

If Nintendo releases SNES Controllers I will do the same. The JoyCons / Pro Controller / SFC30 from 8bit-do are good enough for NES / SNES games.
I look at it like a "long term investment".

Regarding SNES Games: When was the SNES Controller Icon in the Switch FW found? And is it still in the current firmware?
My one year subscription which I started at day one (Sept. 18) has to be renewed in a few month. I gues that this will be the point where Nintendo will talk about SNES games, for the 1 year aniversary of Switch Online. Would make sense from a business standpoint, too: Give people that had a one year subscription and were dissapointed with it a "new" reason to continue their subscription.
I hope this is the case...GCN 2021

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Out of all the games in Nintendo’s back catalogue I can’t help but feel their scraping the bottom of the barrel with all these Nes releases.

I would be interested to know how many people paying for Switch Online are actually playing these on the Switch. Looking at playtime of people on my friends list they seems to be next to no interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.