Nintendo Switch Online NES games for August 2019 revealed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 9, 2019.

1. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I don't see what's wrong with having good games like vice project doom and kung-fu heroes that many people have never played vs the same old mainstream titles people have played for years.

Last edited by cvskid, Aug 10, 2019
  2. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Maybe the mainstream games are...I don't know...better?

3. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    A great idea they could do would be to have a random generator and every user would hav 2 different games a month

4. dreamymario521

dreamymario521 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I hardly see how this is greedy. They're 30 year old games. If I wanted to , I could download all of these games for free on my PC. Nintendo needs to up their game a bit. They're going backwards

tyrantnyx likes this.
  5. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    They sure do love drip feedong games...Yawn

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    You are only 14 what would you know about what's good or not for nes games :rofl2:

7. UltraSUPRA

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Kung-Fu Heroes is the embodiment of why we need SNES games, and Vice is a cheap Spy Hunter ripoff. Not a bad cheap Spy Hunter ripoff, but a cheap Spy Hunter ripoff nonetheless.

8. dreamymario521

dreamymario521 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I don’t see what age has to do with anything. I’m 14. I’ve played NES games. I actually prefer retro games. The classic Nintendo ones. Mario 64 , sunshine, smash melee. Things like that. In case you didn’t know, it’s possible for 14 year olds to like retro games

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Can we just get SNES games for once?

10. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Why you keep posting same rubbish you say it every month:lol:- snes games won't be coming this year and thts a fact

11. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Are you sure about that?
    SNES games were datamined January 2019.
    It's possible Nintendo is waiting for the right moment to release them (for example christmas or exactly 1 year after NSO release)

12. Lodad

Lodad Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    United States

Honestly, they should treat VC as a service under their brand, across all consoles and generations, and it should work like PS+ where you add these monthly titles to your library. The only thing I don't like about PS+ is that you can't access the games without the subscription, and you can't pay to unlock those games permanently while you DO have a subscription if they are in your PS+ library.

I've had it with paying again and again to legitimately purchase the same games on different systems that are labeled the same way under the VC banner, but I can't transfer the ability to play. Buying a Nintendo console with classic game offerings has become a joke.

So many people treat Nintendo like they're this great underdog company, when really their business model is to sell turds and then offer overpriced polishing kits.

cvskid likes this.
  13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    why would you need the VC back TWO shitty nes games a month not good enough?!! :creep:

14. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    While I agree that the constant bleats of "we want SNES games" from certain posters is irritating, stating an opinion as fact isn't exactly smart, either.

15. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes you gotta post bullshit with bullshit so the poster wil think ther post was bullshit-and yeh so annoying when you get members here level 10 plus keep moaning about no snes games-you expect more intelligent posts by them not drivel-fair enough if a noob brings it up though

16. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    ...huh...
    They're running low on ideas.

17. UltraSUPRA

May 4, 2018
    United States
    They're punishing us for being too nosy and finding the SNES controller icons by giving us crappy beat-'em-ups and Spy Hunter ripoffs.

EDIT:
    And it's already been posted. Great.

- Remember, kids, posting things on forums is great, but if you post more than once in a row, that's no good! -

*insert dong joke here*

Last edited by UltraSUPRA, Aug 13, 2019