Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES games for May 2021 revealed

A new set of classic games are on their way to the Nintendo Switch Online's catalog. Service subscribers can expect to see five new games added this month, which brings the total amount of playable NES and SNES titles to over 100. On the Super Nintendo side of things, Joe & Mac, Magical Drop2, Spanky's Quest, and Super Baseball Simulator 1,000 will be available, while there's only a single NES game being brought over: Ninja JaJaMaru-kun. Two of those titles, Magical Drop2 and Ninja JaJaMaru-kun, were originally exclusive to the Japanese Super Famicom, with their addition to Nintendo Switch Online marking their first official release in the west, albeit in untranslated form. All of the games will arrive on May 26th.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More Japanese exclusives being released. Some real weird ones, I'm sure. Like Psycho Dream - never played that title before. You can either be a guy who looks like a sultan from the Middle East or a girl wearing a thong leotard, fighting morphing blue things that fly at you. :huh:

One of my faves that was Japan exclusive is Mario Picross. Great game; but I wish Nintendo had bothered to at least offer subtitles or something. I almost couldn't figure out how to access some menu items, because I can't read Japanese at all.

Reactions: banjo2

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How great (sarcasm) that they didn't even touch those two Japan-exclusive titles when bringing them to the West. That's what fan translations are for - making Japanese games accessible to non-Japanese speaking people.

These game are already in English. The news says "untranslated" but they meant untouched. Only the name of the games is in Japanese on the title screen, everything else is in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse