Nintendo Switch Online N64 controller officially sold out until 2022

n64.png

While the result of the emulated Nintendo 64 games on the Switch might have left fans wanting for more, others were eager to get their hands on a modernized N64 controller. However, if you didn't already get yours ordered, you likely won't be able to get your hands on one until next year, at the earliest. The $49.99 controller is sold out on both the Nintendo US and UK storefronts, with the former noting that while you can't order any for now, more controllers are on the way, and will be available sometime in 2022.

:arrow: Source

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The usually marketing crap from Nintendo, make it so it's sold out everywhere, create hype, flood the news feeds, blah blah blah and everyone will rush out and buy them!! I don't blame them really ...as if they had 4 controllers per person no one would actually want or buy any.
Right. Because there is no global supply chain problem limiting them nor anyone else right now and limiting supply of an ancient controller few people actually care about is sure to result in more sales because it makes people buy something they wouldn't otherwise buy, even though they can't.
Wait, what?

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Right. Because there is no global supply chain problem limiting them nor anyone else right now and limiting supply of an ancient controller few people actually care about is sure to result in more sales because it makes people buy something they wouldn't otherwise buy, even though they can't.
Wait, what?
Nintendo alway do this, like with Super Mario 3D All Stars, Metroid amiibo's. They only care about the free advertisements and free marketing. Limiting supplies creates free publicity. People react and rush to buy it, well if or when you can. Sites like eBay, users pay over the odds because they think it's RARE or for whatever dumb reason??? Nintendo don't actually care about this as they have already archived what they set out to do. The moment the controller goes back on sale it will sell out in seconds, creating a cycle. So in a few months we can all relive this same topic ....and then again a month or two after ...as with most Nintendo products. Surely Nintendo would have predicted how many units they would be expected to sell? if not what would be the point to selling an ancient controller for the limited number of people that actually care about it. It makes no financial sense??

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what?
How do you explain this:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say the n64 controllers are incredibly light, just like the genesis ones. and, I, also, can confirm that they work without issue on the pc. I don't plan to use them on the switch until I make the oled my main, which won't be until I get a 1TB micro sd card for it.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can order one from the Japan site if you want to get it 12/6. Maybe drop shipping is cheaper than ebay.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I must say the n64 controllers are incredibly light, just like the genesis ones. and, I, also, can confirm that they work without issue on the pc. I don't plan to use them on the switch until I make the oled my main, which won't be until I get a 1TB micro sd card for it.
hows the stick? same as original, prone to wear and tear?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
can't really compare them, because I don't remember what the original felt like. it feels a bit cheap, I guess, so maybe.
The original felt like it was kind of cheap, like the cap could break off--but it never did. Instead, the part that makes friction at the base ends up scraping up into little plastic debris that would be kind of unsightly. Wouldn't resell very well.

Reactions: godreborn

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original felt like it was kind of cheap, like the cap could break off--but it never did. Instead, the part that makes friction at the base ends up scraping up into little plastic debris that would be kind of unsightly. Wouldn't resell very well.
Yeah not very easy to get an original controller without a loose stick because of the worn plastic.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to play oot with the n64 controller today, because I wanted to go through that game again. I played it on nso switch. I must've forgotten a lot, because I got stuck at that one part in the deku tree where you're supposed to jump on the web (thought I was supposed to use fire). the first boss was an embarrassment in terms of easiness. haha. took a bit to get used to the controller again due to its weird configuration. I'm so used to two analog sticks with one controlling the camera, but the camera follows you pretty well, and you can always reorient yourself with the Z button.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironic. When the N64 came out initially, people complained about how difficult it was to use the controller that came with it. Now, people are buying out the very same controller design! What a weird world we live in...
Seems most are scalping than buying to play with it. It requires an NSO, but if scalpers think they can profit, they will.

I've never been a fan of the N64 though I do love the N64 and its games. N64 had so much potential.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the nso version said, "checking if this game can be played," when I started the n64 title. it may have done that every time with nes and snes, but it's been quite a while since I've played those games. I'm not sure if it will do a check when I come back from sleep mode or exit the title, then reenter. I assume the nsp has this check patched out or something?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pay the few dollars for a monthly subscription, $50 for the controller, turn around and sell it at a nice markup. ez

It's not like there's a huge cost of entry associated with buying this controller.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
well, the nso version said, "checking if this game can be played," when I started the n64 title. it may have done that every time with nes and snes, but it's been quite a while since I've played those games. I'm not sure if it will do a check when I come back from sleep mode or exit the title, then reenter. I assume the nsp has this check patched out or something?

I don't know for sure how it works.. but I've heard you need a Nintendo account linked. However, the check does not show up for me with the NSP.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured that might be the case, I'm not all that well versed in switch exploits. ;) one of the reasons I'm legit on the switch is so that I have something to spend my money on. I have almost everything I want as far as electronics themselves, so I buy games mostly now. I can't have more than $2,000 in my ssi account at any one time, and I get $529/month. I got down to about $45 last month with the ps5, ratchet and clank games, oled switch, 2 genesis controllers, 2 n64 controllers, and metroid dread. I'm glad I know how to save at least, because I had over $1,500 on the first of the month. haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM