Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack pricing information revealed

n so.png

After the existence of a new tier for Nintendo Switch Online was revealed during the previous Nintendo Direct, new information regarding the service was announced today. Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pack, which includes Nintendo 64 and SEGA Genesis games, along with the newly-announced paid DLC for Animal Crossing New Horizons, will be included in the plan, which will cost players $49.99 for a year's worth of membership--almost on par with the cost of Xbox Game Pass or PlayStation Plus per year. That's also more than double the price compared to the original cost of NSO's base tier plan, which is currently $19.99. If you want a yearly family membership of the Expansion Pack, you can expect to pay $79.99. Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack launches October 25th.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i thought they were perfectly fine with being greedy?
Nintendo used to be less upfront about their greediness until rather recently. They were always greedy, that’s the nature of corporation but they were never this bad. This is starting to get into Microsoft levels of greed, something very different from Nintendo of the past.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo used to be less upfront about their greediness until rather recently. They were always greedy, that’s the nature of corporation but they were never this bad. This is starting to get into Microsoft levels of greed, something very different from Nintendo of the past.
IK, but nintendo never were super adamant against greedy practices. You sort of implied that in your previous post
I never heard them actively combat microtransactions or paid online

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has discovered the magic of bundling!

All my N64 controllers have a limp stick, so an improved one would be great but.... the N64 controller is still the worst-designed controller NIntendo ever made. Maybe for collectors or purists, but for actually playing N64 games I'd much prefer an xbox-style gamepad, or even just the joycons.

Limp stick? see a doctor

MarkSummers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo set this price because people will be willing to pay it.

I guaran-freaking-tee you GBATemp is not Nintendo's target market for this service, right up there with wildebeest and the planet Neptune.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo set this price because people will be willing to pay it.

I guaran-freaking-tee you GBATemp is not Nintendo's target market for this service, right up there with wildebeest and the planet Neptune.
Obviously not. We're a ridiculously small number compared to Nintendos target market.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this just ANOTHER reason to move to the Steam Deck. im just picturing Valve crushing the Switch’s sales and Nintendo starts pumping out more BS to get their customers back.
or rather, the steam deck actually encourages nintendo to get off their ass and start making good games for once.
Not that i'm going to go back anyways when yuzu exists- as long as nintendo keeps underpowering their consoles, i'll keep emulating them

Reactions: LSDMTHC

ghols

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A company with an amazing library of games but doesn’t know what the fuck they’re doing.

Now what if they added GB/GBC/GBA games?
Will they ask us to fork more money? Also AC?? That game isn’t even new. At least give us exclusive discounts with first party or some Switch games

You already know fanboys will defend this and Nintendo thinks the pricing is acceptable

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It'd be really cool if there was an official way to obtain roms. Imagine going to Nintendos website, paying idk, 5€ and you just get F-Zero_X.z64 in a zip file or something. That'd be amazing. You just have the file on your storage medium and can throw it at any emulator you'd like. Instead you have to pay 40€ a year to be able to play that one game without any flexibility.
Gabe Newell got it. Piracy is not about the pricing. It's about the convenience. If pirates are offering better services, people are going to resort to piracy rather than choosing the flawed product a company is offering.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well this just ANOTHER reason to move to the Steam Deck. im just picturing Valve crushing the Switch’s sales and Nintendo starts pumping out more BS to get their customers back.
Switch has already sold more than 90 million consoles, theres no change its sales will be crushed. Also, it would be very very hard for a company with a comparatively small distribution system to outsell Nintendo.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
or rather, the steam deck actually encourages nintendo to get off their ass and start making good games for once.
Not that i'm going to go back anyways when yuzu exists- as long as nintendo keeps underpowering their consoles, i'll keep emulating them.
I doubt Nintendo will release a comparatively powerful console ever again at this point. Their market is not up there with Microsoft/Sony. Honestly i dont really blame them, its a extremely big risk.

I wouldn´t say they make bad games, as many games are good and i do find them fun, however, they should really stop with that post-launch content practice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 700w is still reliable for most builds