Hacking Homebrew ROM Hack Nintendo Switch OLED chip Hwfly V4 efuse checks? ONLINE?

Palbar12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I bought a NSW Old and chip Hwfly V4.
Now I have few question please.
1) I know about fuse checks in RCM mode but oled or V2 doesn't support it ... so...
If I do a complete backup and I upgrade the sysnand (OFW) with the chip it burn fuse?
when I turn the SW OLED on I will boot to Hekate and I select to boot on OFW or emummc.
2) If it burn fuse there are few tricks to not burn fuse ?
3) When I boot and I chose OFW I don't have any functions of cfw so I can go online without any problems? ( I have a few original game)
4) For che emummc I clear my serial with tinfoil and I added dns block .. there are other with I can do?
Thanks for patience!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why bother about fuses?
With a Hwfly the latest firmware works fine.
Just make sure you update both the OFW and CFW when a new firmware is released to avoid any problems.

>4) For che emummc I clear my serial with tinfoil and I added dns block
Yes that sounds good.

Palbar12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why bother about fuses?
With a Hwfly the latest firmware works fine.
Just make sure you update both the OFW and CFW when a new firmware is released to avoid any problems.

>4) For che emummc I clear my serial with tinfoil and I added dns block
Yes that sounds good.
Thanks very much for reply!
bother about fuses for downgrade and I want know if with chip still burn or not
because with my 2017 I tried to not bur any fuses.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I bought a NSW Old and chip Hwfly V4.
Now I have few question please.
1) I know about fuse checks in RCM mode but oled or V2 doesn't support it ... so...
If I do a complete backup and I upgrade the sysnand (OFW) with the chip it burn fuse?
when I turn the SW OLED on I will boot to Hekate and I select to boot on OFW or emummc.
Hekate prevents the fuse checking/burning algorithm from running. As long as Hekate is involved, fuses are not a concern regardless if you chose to boot OFW or CFW afterwards.
2) If it burn fuse there are few tricks to not burn fuse ?
Use Hekate!
3) When I boot and I chose OFW I don't have any functions of cfw so I can go online without any problems? ( I have a few original game)
Yes you can use your clean OFW/Sysnand to play online. Use your CFW/Emunand for less clean activities offline.
4) For che emummc I clear my serial with tinfoil and I added dns block .. there are other with I can do?
Thanks for patience!
/exosphere.ini and /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt are all you should need.

as @thesjaakspoiler is saying, making efforts to not burn fuses doesn’t gain anything for you really.

Reactions: impeeza

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for now, updating to 14.0.0 from 13.2.1 does not burn fuse. In the future when a fuse burning update comes out, you should use hekate and boot cfw (sys cfw or emummc cfw) if you don't want to burn fuses. Booting ofw without atmosphere will burn your fuse instantly. Also why bother with fuses? Not sure if downgrade even works on oled yet

Palbar12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hekate prevents the fuse checking/burning algorithm from running. As long as Hekate is involved, fuses are not a concern regardless if you chose to boot OFW or CFW afterwards.

Use Hekate!

Yes you can use your clean OFW/Sysnand to play online. Use your CFW/Emunand for less clean activities offline.

/exosphere.ini and /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt are all you should need.

as @thesjaakspoiler is saying, making efforts to not burn fuses doesn’t gain anything for you really.
Thanks very much 🙏. You're Great ! All of You !!! Thanks a lot
So for oled I can burn fuse without problems ?
You said : "As long as Hekate is involved..:"
When the switch boot and the chip run... and I lunch the OFW , if I update with system update , I burn fuse ... (in oled).?
In oled it's impossible to not burn fuse (only update the Emmc) but you can't go online right?
or when I installed the chip, and power up , it's boot in hekate it never burn fuse? the chip start when the switch start...

For the 2017 , it's possible to up the synand and go online without burn any fuse ? I how can do? because in I update with software update , it will disable the autormc and burn fuse.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When the switch boot and the chip run... and I lunch the OFW , if I update with system update , I burn fuse ... (in oled).?
In oled it's impossible to not burn fuse (only update the Emmc) but you can't go online right?
or when I installed the chip, and power up , it's boot in hekate it never burn fuse? the chip start when the switch start...

For the 2017 , it's possible to up the synand and go online without burn any fuse ? I how can do? because in I update with software update , it will disable the autormc and burn fuse.
why would you care about fuses since you can always boot through hekate for emunand and leave sysnand latest ?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuse burning shouldn’t be as big a deal as you are making it. As long as you keep your machine relatively up to date and keep recent backups of your Sysnand the fuses will never be a problem. OLED never has a low firmware/low fuse count…day 1.
Here is the de facto article on fuses: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade
Fuses are only checked by the bootloader. Hekate is a bootloader that completely bypasses fuse checking so it’s of no concern
Not sure we’re starting with a true statement here And then mixing metaphors.
Hekate is all that matters…if you are booting with Hekate you will not burn fuses. That’s if you use Hekate to boot OFW or CFW on Sysnand or Emunand. I hope that’s clear.
Use Hekate.

Reactions: impeeza

Palbar12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fuse burning shouldn’t be as big a deal as you are making it. As long as you keep your machine relatively up to date and keep recent backups of your Sysnand the fuses will never be a problem. OLED never has a low firmware/low fuse count…day 1.

Here is the de facto article on fuses: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade
Fuses are only checked by the bootloader. Hekate is a bootloader that completely bypasses fuse checking so it’s of no concern

Not sure we’re starting with a true statement here And then mixing metaphors.

Hekate is all that matters…if you are booting with Hekate you will not burn fuses. That’s if you use Hekate to boot OFW or CFW on Sysnand or Emunand. I hope that’s clear.

Use Hekate.
I understand... perfect...
but now I have a problem ...
I need to transfer the data to my 2017 on oled (is new)
but let me explain...
i have my switch 2017 at ofw 10.0.2 if I remember correctly and I have only one game original : New super Mario bros.
I never updated ... I always played on emunand but now ... I have a problem...
1) I need to transfer the original 2017 with saved games (original, no mod no everything and played with original game) to my OLED ... but I only one time access it with cfw enabled (with no internet of curse) to save with checkpoint and transfer to emmeu. It can be dirty so I I update to 14.0.0, and transfer data from two console, I can be banned? How can I fix it? (2017 and keep my original save to OLED)

2) It's possible to transfer a login profile account in sysnand to emunnd? let me explain:
- I have a retail sysnand on a generic switch...
- I do a backup and i create a emunand, install some fake games and play ...
- After a while, I use the sysnand, I set up, use a nintendo account and play some game like Mario kart online.
now...
2.1) if I want transfer this account on sysnand to emunand it's possibile ?
- I know you can say... backup your save on emunand with checkpoint, delete it, recreate it from sysnand with account and restore everything includes save game of checkpoint.
2.2) It's possible to make this easier without delete the emunand?

new scenery
3) I have Mario kart on emunand, after I buy it and I want play online ... so I put the real game in sysnand and... where is my saves? now...
It's possible to transfer from emunand to sysnand the save game ?
3.1) if in the sysnand is an account nintendo ad in emunand is a generic user can I transfer it? How?
3.2) How can I do this, clean and simpler?

4) Thanks 🙏 ☺️

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When your switch arrived I think they started around FW version 13.0.0. As far as the fuse path goes OLED is on fuse 14 or 15 before you even open the box. Seriously…you’re worrying too much about this. It will be OK

System versionExpected number of burnt fuses (retail)Expected number of burnt fuses (non-retail)
2.0.0-2.3.020
3.0.1-3.0.241
4.0.0-4.1.051
5.0.0-5.1.061
6.0.0-6.1.071
7.0.0-8.0.191
9.0.0-9.0.1111
9.1.0-9.2.0121
10.0.0-10.2.0131
11.0.0-12.0.1141
12.0.2-13.1.0151
13.2.1-14.0.0161

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand... perfect...
but now I have a problem ...
I need to transfer the data to my 2017 on oled (is new)
but let me explain...
i have my switch 2017 at ofw 10.0.2 if I remember correctly and I have only one game original : New super Mario bros.
I never updated ... I always played on emunand but now ... I have a problem...
1) I need to transfer the original 2017 with saved games (original, no mod no everything and played with original game) to my OLED ... but I only one time access it with cfw enabled (with no internet of curse) to save with checkpoint and transfer to emmeu. It can be dirty so I I update to 14.0.0, and transfer data from two console, I can be banned? How can I fix it? (2017 and keep my original save to OLED)
Install JKSV (Checkpoint is obsolete) to export/backup your saves from your V1 (2017) Switch. Copy the saves over to your OLED sd card and restore them to your V3 (OLED) Switch using the same tool you used on the V1
You are not banned based on what I believe you’ve said thus far.
2) It's possible to transfer a login profile account in sysnand to emunnd? let me explain:
- I have a retail sysnand on a generic switch...
- I do a backup and i create a emunand, install some fake games and play ...
- After a while, I use the sysnand, I set up, use a nintendo account and play some game like Mario kart online.
now...
2.1) if I want transfer this account on sysnand to emunand it's possibile ?
- I know you can say... backup your save on emunand with checkpoint, delete it, recreate it from sysnand with account and restore everything includes save game of checkpoint.
2.2) It's possible to make this easier without delete the emunand?
Not sure why this matters because your Emunand should not be going Online. You can’t log in to Nintendo with pirated (fake) games. I mean you might be able to at first but this tyoe of activity will get you banned right away. It‘s better if you just forget about going Online with a dirty Emunand. It will be easier if you don’t try to match your online profiles with your profiles on your emunand. Make fake ones in emunand using linkhalo and use JKSV to transfer the saves you care about.
new scenery
3) I have Mario kart on emunand, after I buy it and I want play online ... so I put the real game in sysnand and... where is my saves? now...
It's possible to transfer from emunand to sysnand the save game ?
Yes, but you will either have to boot your Sysnand with CFW (a little risky) so you can run JKSV or use something like NXNandManager to transfer the saves safely.
3.1) if in the sysnand is an account nintendo ad in emunand is a generic user can I transfer it? How?
3.2) How can I do this, clean and simpler?
You don’t have to have the same user on both Emunand and Sysnand. You can technically trade save files with people right here on gbatemp without copying their user profile to your emunand.
4) Thanks 🙏 ☺️

Palbar12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Install JKSV (Checkpoint is obsolete) to export/backup your saves from your V1 (2017) Switch. Copy the saves over to your OLED sd card and restore them to your V3 (OLED) Switch using the same tool you used on the V1
You are not banned based on what I believe you’ve said thus far.

Not sure why this matters because your Emunand should not be going Online. You can’t log in to Nintendo with pirated (fake) games. I mean you might be able to at first but this tyoe of activity will get you banned right away. It‘s better if you just forget about going Online with a dirty Emunand. It will be easier if you don’t try to match your online profiles with your profiles on your emunand. Make fake ones in emunand using linkhalo and use JKSV to transfer the saves you care about.

Yes, but you will either have to boot your Sysnand with CFW (a little risky) so you can run JKSV or use something like NXNandManager to transfer the saves safely.

You don’t have to have the same user on both Emunand and Sysnand. You can technically trade save files with people right here on gbatemp without copying their user profile to your emunand.
Hi , sorry for late !
Perfect!
For the first question, I think you don't understand me...
I need to do this online and not in cfw or emunand because I need to use a real game.
so I need to transfer the data save from ofw 2017 to OLED ofw.
The save game is original no mod no else... but one time I access on ofw 2017 in cfw to export save and import in emunand 2017. so I think ofw 2017 is dirty ... how we can do?
Thanks a lot !!!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi , sorry for late !
Perfect!
For the first question, I think you don't understand me...
I need to do this online and not in cfw or emunand because I need to use a real game.
I do not understand this statement. Why do you need to do this online? I do not understand the part where you say “real game.”
so I need to transfer the data save from ofw 2017 to OLED ofw.
The save game is original no mod no else... but one time I access on ofw 2017 in cfw to export save and import in emunand 2017.
this should be ok. It is not very likely that anything bad would happen as a result of a game save. It is possible but not likely. Make sense?
so I think ofw 2017 is dirty ...
I don’t think so.
how we can do?
Thanks a lot !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey