Nintendo Switch official firmware version 13.0.0 available, adds Bluetooth audio support

TV4lThD.png

Put your stability jokes on hold, because it's time for a new Nintendo Switch firmware update, and it's one that offers some actual functionality, for once. Official firmware version 13.0.0 is here, and it brings with it support for Bluetooth audio devices, meaning you can now pair headphones, speakers, or earbuds with the Nintendo Switch system without the use of a third-party dongle. Of note, Nintendo specifies that Bluetooth microphones will not pair with the system, as they are not supported.

• Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices that connect with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output.
    • Bluetooth microphones are not supported.
    • Up to two compatible wireless controllers can be connected to the system while using Bluetooth audio.
    • Bluetooth audio cannot be used while local wireless communication is active.
    • For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.

There's more, as well. A new option allows users to update their Switch's dock, though it's a feature exclusive to the Nintendo Switch OLED dock, with its LAN port. Consoles connected to LAN can now also stay connected to the internet, even when in sleep mode. You can grab the update if you're interested in the new features, or stay on your current firmware and await the all-clear from your favorite CFW dev sources.

:arrow: Source

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Haha - what an experience... :)

Connected these to my Drop Pandas -
Panda-1536x746.jpg

and chose to play the reverse engineered port of Mario 64 as my first game.. :)

Graphics upgrade for starters, sound super clear and crisp, and defined, and with all the low end in the world and detail in birdchirps...

Actually blew me away. :)

Good on you Nintendo :) What an upgrade.. :)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm just wondering how useful Nintendo Switch's bluetooth could be even tho now we can take advantage of wireless solution . It's Bluetooth 4.1 only and no aptx support obviously (according to here: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/tech-specs/#switch-section).

The delay is gonna be huge I suppose? Anyone updated and tested their wireless earbud/headphone?
Yes the delay is real (tested with Mario 64 port) still enjoyable though.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'd love a feature like exporting saves. That's the main reason I'm on nso.
indeed! i'd like this feature also mainly becuase nso costs money, and losing your saves would suck,
tho if nintendo did this feature for saves via sd card like sony did for ps4 save to usb, that'd be great.
i hope that they really implement this feature in a future FW, like they did with bluethooth on 13.0.
if bluethooth is possble on switch without and extra adapters or assories, then exporting saves or themes is/are also possble for switch, nintendo is just not implementing these awesome features yet, or hy they choose to not do so is beyond me.
on cfw theses features are avlable from the getgo or thorugh some homebrw app,
so why can't they be on the offical system?

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte