Nintendo Switch official firmware version 13.0.0 available, adds Bluetooth audio support

TV4lThD.png

Put your stability jokes on hold, because it's time for a new Nintendo Switch firmware update, and it's one that offers some actual functionality, for once. Official firmware version 13.0.0 is here, and it brings with it support for Bluetooth audio devices, meaning you can now pair headphones, speakers, or earbuds with the Nintendo Switch system without the use of a third-party dongle. Of note, Nintendo specifies that Bluetooth microphones will not pair with the system, as they are not supported.

• Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices that connect with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output.
    • Bluetooth microphones are not supported.
    • Up to two compatible wireless controllers can be connected to the system while using Bluetooth audio.
    • Bluetooth audio cannot be used while local wireless communication is active.
    • For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.

There's more, as well. A new option allows users to update their Switch's dock, though it's a feature exclusive to the Nintendo Switch OLED dock, with its LAN port. Consoles connected to LAN can now also stay connected to the internet, even when in sleep mode. You can grab the update if you're interested in the new features, or stay on your current firmware and await the all-clear from your favorite CFW dev sources.

:arrow: Source

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
What's with all the people asking about why mics aren't supported? What uses a mic?

There's this singing game and also most probably for voice chat while playing online.

I personally can't wait to use Bluetooth audio. No wires should've been the concept since day 1.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's this singing game and also most probably for voice chat while playing online.

I personally can't wait to use Bluetooth audio. No wires should've been the concept since day 1.
Wait, you can voice chat on the switch WITHOUT using their smartphone app????

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can I update my sysnand and use emunand in 12.1?
Meu actualy System version is 12.1.

I am using emunand on atmosphere.
I want update my sysnand tô 13.0 to play FORTNITE online and stay on 12.1 in my Emunand, but I don't find anything explaing IF I can or not do this way.
Thanks in advance.

Yes. That is one of the uses of emunand, have a full funcional, Separated copy of system. Even more, you can have several copies of emunand With different firmware versions or configurations

Reactions: xstationbr

xstationbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. That is one of the uses of emunand, have a full funcional, Separated copy of system. Even more, you can have several copies of emunand With different firmware versions or configurations

Thank you so much.
This is all I Want to know.
NOW I can update securely.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. What I meant is why people are complaining for the lack of mic support.
Right. Nothing supports mics. So why would people complain that they can't use their bluetooth mics?

Inb4 another exploit is available to be pushed via bluetooth like how the red wii was hacked.

fw 12 disabled the amiibo spoofing via bluetooth, I wonder if that'll be possible again now?

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
So, my Defunc Travel BT Speakerbox works pretty well with the Nintendo Switch. No delay, sound isn't lower pitched like it was with 12.x.0 via homebrew, but the only problem I really have can be chalked down to a hardware design issue: once sound plays on the Switch, it takes a tenth of a second to activate because it deactivates itself when no sound is playing. This could be difficult when I have mods for games that disable music. :(

Arilys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still has a point. Is there a proper reason why Nintendo won't let us make local backups?

Edit: Other than "something something cheaters". That one's obvious enough for multiplayer games, but kinda doesn't hold water when it comes to single player stuff.

Last edited by Arilys,

ghosty656

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
fuck yeah i guess? i still hope for a new exploit to be found, but i think its a little weird that nintendo actually did something that is this risky...

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i thought audio bluetooth implementation on switch is good with low latency, after using remote play moonlight that was amazing low latency, but bluetooth switch latency is worst than pc, is not worth playing in bluetooth audio at this point, so sad to rush updating fw

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice! now i can use my wirless Bluethooth headphones on the switch lite,
well the wired option is still a good option to not reduce the batteries of the bluetooth phones.
wwell, the update feature is free, so it's nice to have.

now i wonder if nintendo could add in exporting saves to SD card to backup like on ps4 does to usb. in the future fW?

not everyone has NSO to pay for it every so often, and losing those saves must really suck bad.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice! now i can use my wirless Bluethooth headphones on the switch lite,
well the wired option is still a good option to not reduce the batteries of the bluetooth phones.
wwell, the update feature is free, so it's nice to have.

now i wonder if nintendo could add in exporting saves to SD card to backup like on ps4 does to usb. in the future fW?

not everyone has NSO to pay for it every so often, and losing those saves must really suck bad.
I'd love a feature like exporting saves. That's the main reason I'm on nso.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: