Nintendo Switch official firmware version 13.0.0 available, adds Bluetooth audio support

TV4lThD.png

Put your stability jokes on hold, because it's time for a new Nintendo Switch firmware update, and it's one that offers some actual functionality, for once. Official firmware version 13.0.0 is here, and it brings with it support for Bluetooth audio devices, meaning you can now pair headphones, speakers, or earbuds with the Nintendo Switch system without the use of a third-party dongle. Of note, Nintendo specifies that Bluetooth microphones will not pair with the system, as they are not supported.

• Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices that connect with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output.
    • Bluetooth microphones are not supported.
    • Up to two compatible wireless controllers can be connected to the system while using Bluetooth audio.
    • Bluetooth audio cannot be used while local wireless communication is active.
    • For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.

There's more, as well. A new option allows users to update their Switch's dock, though it's a feature exclusive to the Nintendo Switch OLED dock, with its LAN port. Consoles connected to LAN can now also stay connected to the internet, even when in sleep mode. You can grab the update if you're interested in the new features, or stay on your current firmware and await the all-clear from your favorite CFW dev sources.

:arrow: Source

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Too bad this might not do anything for the switch lite, not sure if that has bluetooth Because one of my third party controllers can’t connect to it and the box actually said it wouldn’t work on that.
You can connected other Joycons and Pro controllers to the Lite, so yes, it has BT, and yes, you can have BT audio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The next switch should have two bluetooth modules, one for controllers and one for other devices.
Or upgrade to BT 5.0.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just got my gulikit adaptar last night r.i.p because i wouldn't sell it since everyone would know about the audio support

It's not just stability this time, praise the Nintendo Switch bluetooth feature :bow:

Technically it is since this was tested in 12.0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up @Chary . I've already updated my downstairs system, will update my main system when I go back upstairs. I won't update my hackable system 'til atmosphere is released for it despite no interest in hacking it.

Reactions: zxr750j and Chary

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluetooth mouse and keyboard is good enough for me that is silly to add audio bluetooth. They should have throw it at once for all bluetooth that make Nintendo kinda of slow thinker. Nintendo must have asking lot question what we are missing ? I think im good at 12.1.0 until New atmosphere updates

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluetooth mouse and keyboard is good enough for me that is silly to add audio bluetooth. They should have throw it at once for all bluetooth that make Nintendo kinda of slow thinker. Nintendo must have asking lot question what we are missing ? I think im good at 12.1.0 until New atmosphere updates

This was a very GOOD MOVE on Nintendo's part.. I just tried bluetooth on my lite and it worked fine.

I wish Sony and Microsoft did this and ditch the dongles

Reactions: FanNintendo

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how this will affect sales of all those BT USB audio dongles that must be on the market by now, LOL. Wow.
Perhaps there still might be feature advantages when using the better quality of the dongles over the new official support in the OS now (ex. two connected audio devices at once on the Genki one).

Reactions: SonyUSA

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after seeing what ninty did they prolly follow along

There is a BIG CATCH you cant use bluetooth while online with a local connection. I tried playing Pokemon Sword and it kicked me off bluetooth until I had to cut the internet off.

So that's a big downside I hope they fix that. But it is a big step in the right direction.

@PacDan16
Agreed big money in that market but I personally use the $30 headphones but I prefer bluetooth I always wondered why they didn't make it bluetooth

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Audio latency will be a big issue.

This is probably the reasoning why Nintendo is reluctant to add bluetooth audio support. The joycons and bluetooth audio will be fighting for resources when it comes to bandwidth. Good thing I am using Split Pad Pro when undocked, that makes my bluetooth module pretty much free for audio only use.

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Still no folders or themes :glare:

Believe me, a lot of us are passionate about this issue too and have really wanted its inclusion since the Switch's beginning. I see it mentioned EVERYWHERE online. :hateit:

Edit: 3DS Theme support inclusion was included later in the system's life, but I don't think it was even THIS long to wait.

Last edited by PacDan16,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8