1. magneh

OP magneh Newbie
    Newcomer

Luxembourg
    Hello
    I have this switch motherboard who pulls 15V immediately when I plug the charger.
    if I plug the board only, it goes to 14.7V 0.09A ... Nvidia soc gets warm
    On the battery connector I get 4.15V

When I plug the board only with battery connected , I get also the same 14.7v and 0.49A

MT chip was already replaced with a new one, even if original chip had no shorts.

The device does not turn on at all, no charging sign, nothing.
    I also found a twisted pin on the LCD connecter with I made to pull back to the original position.

Waste of time?
    Thanks for any inputs!

2. LIY2012

LIY2012 Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Is it patched or unpatched? Can you force RCM mode by removing the eMMC? Does it get recognized as an APX device when you plug it into a PC? Is it possible it's on, just without any display? Unless there is a shorted SOC, I don't see why it wouldn't be repairable.

3. MicroRepairRX

MicroRepairRX Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Are you seeing 15v on the CPU line? If that is the case, I'd say the CPU is toast. CPUs in general are only suppose to see close to 1 volt. Does the console dock without the lcd connected?

4. magneh

OP magneh Newbie
    Newcomer

Luxembourg
    Well when I plug the Switch on a working LCD, I get nothing on.
    No charging sign, no backlight, no image.
    Normally when I plug the charger with USB-C amp meter, the switch takes 5V and then boosts to 15V.
    This one just goes straight away to 14.7V and 0.49A steady.

Still nothing on screen, no reaction.
    I do not know if has been patched, but I dont think so.

5. LIY2012

LIY2012 Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Try putting it into RCM mode and plugging it into a PC. If it is recognized OK, it's probably fixable. If it shows up as "invalid device descriptor", then there is probably something wrong with the SOC. The USB data lines are wired directly to the SOC (through a filter/fuse), and you should be able to see it on the PC even if there are other problems on the motherboard.

You will not see the unit fast-charge or the battery icon if the firmware isn't loaded properly. It could just be a firmware issue that could be easily fixed on a un-patched unit.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, direclty, switch