Hardware Nintendo switch keep changing tv input when docked.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been having this issue when I'm playing my Wii u and all of a sudden my switch is on screen, I dunno why it keep happening but it does, only when docked. I even put it on sleep mode before docking, and after docking. Anyone else have this issue? By the way I have it connected to a HDMI splitter cause my tv doesn't have enough HDMI inputs for all 6 of of my consoles, so one is connected to them for 3 extra ones and the switch/wii u/android tv is connected to it.

I been thinking about getting another one since I do need more and don't like constantly switching my cables around, one with a smart device and remote. :unsure:

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're not the only one.
I fixed it by turning off the console when I'm not using it.

I hope Nintendo fix this soon, it's really annoying.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not the only one.
I fixed it by turning off the console when I'm not using it.

I hope Nintendo fix this soon, it's really annoying.
So you turn yours off when docked? I see, so Is not just me. I usually don't turn it off, I'm used to my tablet just going to sleep instead of constant power cycles so I guess i will have to treat it like a first rate nintendo console for now. :P

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Bruh that has an easy fix, just go to your Switch settings -> TV output -> Disable one option that says something like "Pair with TV"
EDIT: Mine turned on my TV when I docked it, so I disabled that option and that fixed it (Remember that the Switch has to be updated or else the option won't appear)

Last edited by AxlSt00pid,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh that has an easy fix, just go to your Switch settings -> TV output -> Disable one option that says something like "Pair with TV"
EDIT: Mine turned on my TV when I docked it, so I disabled that option and that fixed it (Remember that the Switch has to be updated or else the option won't appear)
Pair with tv? I have no such option. :wtf:

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mine is on Spanish, I'll change the language and then I'll tell you how it's called

That doesn't work on all TV... Bruh...
Then maybe you need to disable the HDMI pairing (OR something called like that) on your TV settings, or maybe your TV doesn't have the option to disable it, since some TVs don't have that option (Mine doesn't have it)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In english, the option is called "Match TV Power State", it's the last option on the "TV Output" part in Switch's settings (Sory for the double post btw)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My tv is from 2008, i have no advance settings for tv, It doesn't even have overscan fix, which is why i rely on consoles to do it. THANK GOD wii u and switch has it, i would be mad. PS3 doesn't but ps4 does have it, except it seem like it doesn't work with every game, just specific ones. It could be maybe a firmware issue or something, i dunno.

Anyway, i disabled whatever tv settings on my system and it still happens, even just now as i was typing. :wtf:

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My tv is from 2008, i have no advance settings for tv, It doesn't even have overscan fix, which is why i rely on consoles to do it. THANK GOD wii u and switch has it, i would be mad. PS3 doesn't but ps4 does have it, except it seem like it doesn't work with every game, just specific ones. It could be maybe a firmware issue or something, i dunno.

Anyway, i disabled whatever tv settings on my system and it still happens, even just now as i was typing. :wtf:
Weird... mine fixed it that way...
So maybe nintendo has to fix it, as @Redferne said
EDIT: Have you tried restarting the Switch? Maybe that applies the option (I always power off my Switch, so maybe that's the problem?)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i did, i always do when changing settings, usually that what lots of things have me do. "You sure you wanna change these settings? Current programs will close, system must restart to take effect." OK. *Reboot*.......... :P

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In english, the option is called "Match TV Power State", it's the last option on the "TV Output" part in Switch's settings (Sory for the double post btw
I thought this option is supposed to put the console to sleep if you turn the tv off, and turn it on when you turn the tv on. Least that what it says. Having it switch inputs randomly when is already asleep would be silly.

I did try it when off and on, and nothing changed. I even actually tried turning my tv off and on and is nothing. I will just stick to classic "Must save game then shut off" until fix is made, or i may buy a new splitter one that is smarter than my tv.:unsure:

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i love this feature, works just like the playstation 3 & 4 when you press the power on them the tv turns on and changes the channel to the console.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I been having this issue when I'm playing my Wii u and all of a sudden my switch is on screen, I dunno why it keep happening but it does, only when docked. I even put it on sleep mode before docking, and after docking. Anyone else have this issue? By the way I have it connected to a HDMI splitter cause my tv doesn't have enough HDMI inputs for all 6 of of my consoles, so one is connected to them for 3 extra ones and the switch/wii u/android tv is connected to it.

I been thinking about getting another one since I do need more and don't like constantly switching my cables around, one with a smart device and remote. :unsure:

Omg 6 consoles ,and why you keep playing the wiiu? The switch is better no?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg 6 consoles ,and why you keep playing the wiiu? The switch is better no?
Cause i have GAMES on it, is not a matter of what is better, is cause is a game, that what players do, that is what gamers do, they play a game. Regardless of what is for, you play it cause you want to. I can't play smash bros on switch can i? :P

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch does not have a good library of games out yet while the wii u still has some gems. What is suppose to play 1-3 games with nothing else to do?
Well my best guess is they made sure zelda botw would be played long enough for new games to come out. :P
I don't really find it all too interesting but i play it cause is all i got, besides shovel knight, which i play and have on wii u. :ninja:

Maybe if web browser or some other apps like youtube, twitch, and neflix or other online streaming apps to use with the "FINALLY ADDED 5GHZ AC WIFI" was there, then it could be better but not much than wii u, and i use my wii u for homebrew as well, emulators is always fun for rom hacks. Besides that is not the issue here, why i play my stuff is cause i want to and is there for me to do so. I paid for it to play it. :)

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my best guess is they made sure zelda botw would be played long enough for new games to come out. :P
I don't really find it all too interesting but i play it cause is all i got, besides shovel knight, which i play and have on wii u. :ninja:

Maybe if web browser or some other apps like youtube, twitch, and neflix or other online streaming apps to use with the "FINALLY ADDED 5GHZ AC WIFI" was there, then it could be better but not much than wii u, and i use my wii u for homebrew as well, emulators is always fun for rom hacks. Besides that is not the issue here, why i play my stuff is cause i want to and is there for me to do so. I paid for it to play it. :)
Yeah these are features that need to be added to the switch. It's all wrong the way they did it and that's why I'm waiting to get my switch.
Barely any games at launch to keep me playing on the go as advertised, ok no problem I'll wait.....oh so there's no YouTube Netflix or Web browser, no biggie I got a phone to be on the go..... oh I just spent +$300 dollars on something that barely does what I want and what i can do on a phone talk about a big waste. I have a pc and ps4 to keep me set and it's good to see you have have your wii u to keep you set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao