Hardware Nintendo Switch has paid online services similar to Xbox Live and Playstation

Do you like the idea of a paid Nintendo online service?

• Total voters

mutinize

dazed and confused
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaand now I'm definitely not going to get one until homebrew kicks off. Wonder what their online security is like this time around.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I like how it's ok for Sony/Microsoft to do it, but when Nintendo does it, it's bullshit.
Honestly, I'd pay for it. Maybe with that extra money they can afford better servers.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once they provide world class online services that can rival MS and Sony and support more than 5% of their software library maybe people will change their perception of Nintendo's online efforts.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is only following the market. If the other 2 have paid online content and people are actually paying for it, why not Nintendo?

Until quality and quantity of online services are proven it should be free like PSN was when they were establishing themselves as a viable alternative to LIVE.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I like how it's ok for Sony/Microsoft to do it, but when Nintendo does it, it's bullshit.
Honestly, I'd pay for it. Maybe with that extra money they can afford better servers.

They didn't eloborate on what you get for the paid service tho. PS+ you get free games every month, same with Xbox. What did Nintendo say about that? Nothing.

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Frankly I'm pretty sure a lot of Nintendo players just game on PC and Nintendo platforms. And for many, like myself, priced online is gonna be a big deal breaker for the switch. Why should I have to pay to play the ocassional splatoon match or smash brothers or enjoy some time with my friends on animal crossing? I have plenty of other games to play online, and more importantly, I don't have to PAY to play them online. Not only that, but, Nintendo really doesn't have that many online multiplayer games. Justifying paying for online multiplayer when only a small handful actually use it is gonna be hard.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wouldn't mind paying for its services but for a family console, that's a little shitty. I just hope they don't take the route Microsoft did on the 360. Like using the browser or the YouTube app. (Before the apps were free to use)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is only following the market. If the other 2 have paid online content and people are actually paying for it, why not Nintendo?

Because they've done it free before, and when people see that it's no longer free, they go crazy and ignore the fact that other companies have done it for years. People need to cool their jets.

Why the hell can't people wait and see what it's like beforehand?

Reactions: moneychild

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning