1. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    At least Atmosphere ain't gonna get arrested, unlike your SXOS whereas no one is able to take over once they leave so meaning YOU'RE much more fucked!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

most of Nintendo fans and Youtubers on Twitter were lol

2. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well well well .... good for you Nintendo.
    But if one falls others will take their place, is really all I can say.
    This has always been the case in the past and probably will be so in the future.

Bit off-topic but worth to mention I personally think.

I do hope though Nintendo will do one thing; when a Nintendo Switch successor or Pro comes out ... that they will keep the Nintendo Switch Online ecosystem AND with it the game library you have bought. More parties are going that route and this will keep a lot of people from even wanting to hack their system all together.

See it as this; back in the day there was no Netflix, Hulu, Disney + and so ... SO people downloaded a heckin LOT. Now these options are here, sure there are still people who download stuff BUT it's a night and day difference when compared. Same will go with games if people don't have to dish out cash again for the eight time to get Zelda alttp , all stars and so on.
    Follow leading examples in that regard like Steam.

Anyway just putting that out there (again)

Last edited by PatrickD85, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Dagosty

Dagosty Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Original Switch SX OS owners already have thousands of games to play on theirs HDDs using SX OS recent exploits, they have plenty of games to play in the next years. I do not understand whats the fuss about,so what SX OS wont be supported anymore? Who cares lol. Take advantage of what yu already own, new Switch will b released next year thats why Nintendo wanted to take down SX OS team. : )

Eternalpublic and Tumbleweed like this.
  4. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    crown 3ds has been a big thing for a long time, but it seems your long membership isn't helping you remember. Anyway, let's bury the subject. have a nice day buddy

5. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

best wishes to you too buddy, happy sunday:)

Last edited by sudeki300, Oct 4, 2020
    zxr750j, ciaomao and peteruk like this.
  6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    They will do that but only until a certain point. Say 2030 or so (probably earlier). But eventually some server will go down and some games will be unplayable. That's just how a ton of games/ecosystems die, it's a shame but that's the reality.

PatrickD85 likes this.
  7. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I agree. Gary was just the front man

8. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you're not thinking about this logically. why would they continue if resellers are being sued? they're not going to continue at 0 profit. face it, sx os is over. saying that they'll be okay is defending your purchase, when deep down inside you know that we're right. there was supposed to be a reset glitch hack for the ps3. why didn't that come out? lawsuits. Marcan of fail0verflow has even stated that the ps3 would've been fully hacked within days due to nonrandom key on both main ps3 ldrs, but the lawsuits scared off the people knowledgeable enough to make it happen. I'm sorry that I have to be blunt, but this is the reality of things. sx os is dead.

masbass likes this.
  9. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    That part I would be totally fine with ... that is just logical. Keeping up server for online games is only needed if it still being played by masses.

BUT for non online / server bound titles, they should really make it a Nintendo Account thing.
    Not like they did in the past with unique Virtual consoles ... which on changing to a new system ... mean absolutely nothing anymore.

Satangel likes this.
  10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's wishful thinking, they think that everyone gets turned on as much as they do.

There was a court order last year and it's still in place for http://team-xecuter.com/

https://uk.pcmag.com/old-news/122514/uk-internet-providers-to-block-nintendo-switch-piracy-sites
    "The websites that provide these download links are now blocked by users on Sky, BT, EE, Talktalk and Virgin Media's networks by the court order."

xecuter-sxos.com looks like it came after the original site was blocked, according to the DNS
    Creation Date: 2020-01-23T15:50:26Z

I'm pretty sure they'll give him a plea deal in exchange for testifying, although they may not need it if his bank accounts and computers have details about the others.

Last edited by smf, Oct 4, 2020
    manousos82003 likes this.
  11. habla2k

habla2k Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Since you say it here again, i will also do:
    You seem to have inside views of nintendo? Please enlighten us. As far as i know there might only be another Revision that enables 4K output (not rendering), thats all. They won't release a completely new Switch which needs new games and so on. the Switch right now is only 3 years old. Far too early for something new.

12. alepman90

alepman90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

The law system is rigged in favor of multi billion corps, and cheering them is pathetic and could lead to more prosecuting and harassing private citizens.
    Look how Nintendo dodged every “ selling defective electronics” case and didn’t even bother to improve drifting joy cons issue.

Last edited by alepman90, Oct 4, 2020
    Henx, s2m, Ampersound and 1 other person like this.
  13. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

I get rooting for your favourite local business but corporate shilling is kinda gross.

Subtle Demise, peteruk and m_babble like this.
  14. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Maniac

Is it worth picking up a second Switch and installing atmosphere? Found one with the right serial number, does it matter what firmware its on?

15. Ishzark

Ishzark GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    so my gf and I had a discussion, how likely is it that Nintendo will go after the SX OS User?

16. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Have the law dudes gotten hold of the list with all licenced users? I would send them all e message telling people to stop using it...

I am curious if they will give an insight in how much money they made selling the licences etc.

17. ImFire

ImFire Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    If it’s unpatched you can do what you like on any firmware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How would they do that?

18. Ishzark

Ishzark GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    that's what I said too ^^ was just curious

19. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Korea, South
    This didn't gona happend,

Atmosphere avoid all piracy things, and the XCI format it's only for that, so you didnt gona see that implemented on atmosphere, atleast, not from official dev team.

ChronoTrig likes this.
  20. ImFire

ImFire Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a license on my Lite but I bought it secondhand so it would be impossible to find me.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - indictment, Nintendo, arrested