1. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You're right! All those people making the simple jokes of new prisoners getting raped in prisons are just dehumanized idiots. I visited a former old prison once and the guide for the visit was a former inmate from said prison. He said something that's harshly real... anyone can end up in prison one day. Even if you live like a saint (and who does?) you could still be driving and hit a kid crossing the street, then in a panic, you flee the scene. Bang! Hit'n Run charge and a free vacation in jail. Anything can happen. Don't think it will never happen to you, guys!

2. realtimesave

realtimesave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Keep hope alive for Gary oPa. We should have a vigil. Light a candle. Say a prayer for my friend.

3. Crazystato

Crazystato GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    "So long gay bowser!"

MK73DS and SlCKB0Y like this.
  4. Legend Of Kay

Legend Of Kay GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    People celebrating this is super weird. "They're stealing code effects atmos users" no it doesn't. SciresM was affected but the average user has no say in it. This isn't great for the scene.

Last edited by Legend Of Kay, Oct 3, 2020
    dude1, DbGt and TheCasualties like this.
  5. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am sure the FBI came to this site for their investigations, probably for years. I mean, the 3DS roms are .cia and it uses an app called FBI to install - google indexing would have labeled CIA and FBI as connected to Nintendo.

Mario had actually beaten Bowser in real life.

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    there's a site I won't name that I was banned on (same site that tried publishing personal emails of mine) that deserves to get sued and the admins should go to prison as well. they're looking for efame same as Gary. that's no reason to contribute to a scene. begging for money when you steal content from other sites in order to act like you're buying the content is nonsense. the ps3 and 4 scenes will get along just nicely without them. this same site was/is hiding licenses (raps). if you know anything about the ps3, fixes require the rap otherwise there's no way to decrypt encrypted content. after that, it's as easy as resigning to free, which takes a grand total of two programs. anyway, without the rap, you're completely reliant on this site for update fixes. once an update is released, the encrypted files are once again requiring a rap file. I can't believe anyone tolerates that shit. the site should've been gone a long time ago. the site is essentially in total control of the scene. this is no different than duplex that wants to pollute the ps4 scene, same as the ps3 one. they dictate which groups release what and what is actually released. in much the same vain, they don't release licenses but rather fixes so you're completely reliant on them if you're pirating.

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    The penal system in this country is bullshit, and needs reworking as prisoners are not treated very well compared to other countries. That said, this is just weird news.

8. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Eventually Nintendo will sue Atmosphere too like I said earlier if SXOS goes down it's just the beginning. Idk why people thing Nintendo is going to let Atmosphere run free when it still enable piracy. I give Atmosphere maybe a month or 2 tops. Yes I know Vanilla Atmosphere doesn't enable piracy but if they was smart the will kill sigpatches all together in the next update just to be safe.

9. the_randomizer

United States
    But yes, let the justice system focus on this and not trivial issues that clearly don't matter like murders and the like /s

Oh wait.

godreborn likes this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    probably a stiffer penalty than rapists, maybe not murderers.

11. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States
    do you have ANY idea how much work it would be to throw literally every single person who bought from sxos or hacked their switch would be? nintendo would go bankrupt

Rahkeesh likes this.
  12. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Atmosphere is next the end user wont get sued unless they are advertising to resell

13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    sony tried going after everyone after fail0verflow embarrassed them, but that did nothing but damage their reputation. demanding the ip addresses of everyone that watched videos on hacking the ps3, really?

14. the_randomizer

United States
    Nintendo can't do jack squat to arrest millions of people who pirate or mod consoles.

15. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thats not true. Geohot got sued for ps3 and iphone hacks back in the day and he didn't sell them, that being said, theres alot less incentive as its entirely a loss on nintendo's part.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

its pretty scuzzy honestly, the hacking community as large as it is inconsequential to the bottom line of major companies in all honesty.

16. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm talking about the people of offer modding services I know a few guys in the past got sued my Nintendo for selling SXOS dongles and even atmosphere loading pirated games.

Yes I remember that was back in 2010 but now Sony offers a bounty program and pay hackers for exploits that they found This is honestly a very sad day for the scene idk why people are celebrating because it is the beginning of the end.

nWo likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

United States
    One head gets cut off, two more grow in its place. Nintendo can't do a bloody thing to stop every single hacker.

18. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States

Nah i dont think it is, 2010 was the "beginning of the end" until it wasnt and 2020 will be no different.

19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    @lolcatzuru & @the_randomizer

To my knowledge only SXOS had cracked the V2 switches and lites Atmosphere doesn't seem to be capable of doing it. So in a way for V2 and switch lite support if evreything is true only 10.2.0 CFW will be the last firmware for it (the same as PS4 6.67 CFW) I'm just making an educated guess lets just say Nintendo hits Atmosphere with a cease and desist order basically the switch scene will be like the PS4 Scene

again this is only speculation but I am 100% positive Nintendo is coming after Atmosphere. I can also see Atmosphere disabling all sig patches in their future CFW.

20. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

United States

the problem is atmosphere isn't an entity they can hit, its open source, thats like trying to sue linux. They can TRY to go after them by like hydra, one may fall and 2 more will rise.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - indictment, Nintendo, arrested