Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not the most professionally written offer, but the pictures and description are clear - and binding, in case it ends up a scam Paypal will definitely avenge you

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Not the most professionally written offer, but the pictures and description are clear - and binding, in case it ends up a scam Paypal will definitely avenge you
This is exactly why I just bought one. All information is clear. Worst case scenario, I'll get a refund

But yeah, 99% this is a fake, which is very common

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible that the seller bought account with positive feedbacks from someone else? I did not get any warning from PayPal and all three negative ratings are probably from the same person. I bought the item when it showed up and there was no negative rating and I tild myself that if it does not come, I can get refund from either Ebay or PayPal. I got some really cheap stuff (unbelievably cheap) before and always received it without any issues (even though I do not know the origin of those items ... it might be from stolen truck or something).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Argos (a massive chain of high street/catalogue sellers in the UK) do have their own shop on ebay they flog their returns, some end of line and refurb/display units from, one they have had for a while and find fairly prominently listed on ebay searches. We use them quite often for laptops. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos?page=Refurbished

This is just some random seller possibly piggybacking off that. It is an old account with feedback but it is easy enough to either fake these things, buy an old account someone else retired or hijack someone else's.

Ethically speaking I am not sure I would even take a punt -- paypal might refund me but there are enough ways the faker can clear the cash or goods in time and still get something from it. You are only enabling that by going in for this.

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the old if its too good to be true then yeah its prob a scam, but with paypal etc these days, what can you lose really? gets called a scam and you get cash back, might be a few days your out some cash, but at 40 quid isnt gonna break the bank thou, or could be some hot items literally off the back of a truck, but most likely a quick scam, as go in change account details sell 200 switches at 40 quid, nice earner if they think they can get away with it???!?? time will see I guess

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
This is quite common now a days on eBay UK. Quite often the seller will legitimately claim to you they have had their account hijacked. You do get your money back but it takes a while, not good if you cant afford to be without it. I have been scammed twice in a row by different sellers on ebay for consoles in the past, now I use it only for leads or cheap goods, or from big brand sellers accounts.

Reactions: NekoMichi

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ebay removed it. They say if you already bought it you'll still receive it but they'll probably end up refunding.
ebay.com said:
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Scam. They're claiming to be the official Argos store portal on eBay, which they're not. Be sure to check if the feedback received is as a buyer or seller. Remember, they'll receive genuine positive feedback when they buy from others, but this doesn't represent their reputation as a seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself