Nintendo Switch firmware version 11.0.0 out now

ED11DBF8-062A-4556-ABFC-6CD018D4FF4C.png

Welcome, December, and welcome, new Nintendo Switch firmware update. We have officially reached firmware version 11.0.0, and it brings with it more than just stability. Firstly, you now get a Nintendo Switch Online icon added to your home menu, which allows quick access to anything NSO related. The album has also been improved, as you can transfer screenshots directly from your Switch to a smartphone. As of this update, users will also be able to prioritize which games they wish to have downloaded first, when downloading multiple games at once. For those concerned over homebrew access, for now, it’s advised to not update to 11.0.0 until a new version of Atmosphere is released.

A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud.

• When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s).
    *To use this feature, it must be enabled under System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud.
    *Save data will not be downloaded automatically unless save data for that software exists on the console. The first time only, users must download the save data manually.
    *A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the Save Data Cloud service.
A new Trending feature was added to the User Page.

• Users can check what software their friends are playing or have started playing recently.
    Information will not be displayed for friends who have their online status set to display to no one.
Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices.

• Users can wirelessly connect their smart devices to Nintendo Switch to transfer the screenshots and videos saved within their Album.
  • For screenshots, users can transfer a maximum of 10 screenshots and 1 video capture at once.
    *To connect, users must use their smart device to scan the QR Code displayed on the Nintendo Switch screen.
    For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
    *“QR Code” is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos.

• Users can use a USB cable to connect Nintendo Switch to their computers to copy the screenshots and videos saved under Album.
    * A USB charging cable [model HAC-010] or a USB-IF certified USB cable that supports data transfer is required to connect to a computer.
    For more information, please refer to the Nintendo Support website.
    * Connection via the Nintendo Switch dock is not supported. Please connect the Nintendo Switch system directly to the computer.
Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress.

• When there are multiple software, update data, or downloadable content downloads in progress, users can now select which they want to download first.
  • You can set this under Download Options by selecting the icon for the software you want to download first on the HOME Menu.
User icons were added.

• 12 user icons that commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series were added.
Users can now name preset button mappings with the Change Button Mapping feature.

Brazilian Portuguese was added as a supported language.

• When users set their region to the Americas and their language to Português, the language used on the HOME Menu and in certain software will be displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.
Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

:arrow: Source

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
at least based on what I've read neither ofw nor emunand works with 11.0.0 on sx os.
See the problem is this makes no sense since
- emunand boots from RCM so no FW update should ever be able to touch it
- OFW booted without a bootloader should be completely vanilla with no traces of SX, thus have no issues (unless they're trying to boot OFW from bootloader menu)

The only thing that makes sense is if they had a game cart in and tried to boot emunand, and the GC update black screens their emunand. Or something else like the reset-to-payload messing it up (like they could've had it while updating).

So I want these followup answers by the actual people who have tried it, and not "based on what I've read" as I've read the same things that seem to make no sense to me (no offense to you).

Last edited by bundat,

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS still works if you don't update your Emunand. But SXOS won't start if your gamecard is still in your device. Because the gamecard firmware was updated.

SX confirmed they are working on a fix: https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/fw-11-0-released.135650/

literally thank you, this was all I was asking for from the people saying "update coming in 24hrs" "tx already said they are working on an update" I literally asked for any shred of proof that they are at least working on it and this pretty much confirms it for me that they ARE actually working on it.

Reactions: zxr750j

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that this will finally put an end to this SX OS nonsense which is just copy+pasted ams code anyway. Hopefully this will end this "I'm better cuz I paid 4 piracy" bs.

this fanboy mentality needs to stop, yes we get that TX stole some code from ams, this happens literally ALL THE TIME in the homebrew scene.... I have 2 switches with both custom firmwares on it frankly, I still prefer SX OS due to the XCI loader, it allows me to have tons of games on it compared to my atmos switch. Atmos has its upsides too with more homebrew related stuff thats exclusive to atmos but xci loading is still a dealbreaker for me, I guess they stole that from ams as well right? OH WAIT THEY DIDN'T

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would sx os release another update when their resellers were also sued? remember, in the past, with all these other names, gateway, true blue, etc. once it become unprofitable, they stopped work completely on the device(s). they didn't release the source code either, so why would this be any different?

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmos has its upsides too with more homebrew related stuff thats exclusive to atmos but xci loading is still a dealbreaker for me, I guess they stole that from ams as well right? OH WAIT THEY DIDN'T

You're partially right, but the XCI loader code is considered infringed on (not using stolen), taken from one of the Nintendo Switch SDK packages. That's why Nintendo could claim copyright infringement for their SDK stuff.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
why would sx os release another update when their resellers were also sued? remember, in the past, with all these other names, gateway, true blue, etc. once it become unprofitable, they stopped work completely on the device(s). they didn't release the source code either, so why would this be any different?

They’re still all over AliExpress etc so someone is still supplying them. The above forum link sounds promising they’re working on an update so I’m sitting tight and being patient for now, I do prefer SXOS to Atmosphere

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, remember, gateway claimed there was an update in the works after it was blocked. well, where is it? it's been years now. luma killed the flash cart, so there's no reason to release an update if one were even possible. like I said, if it's not profitable, they will release nothing. they're not doing this for your benefit. if they were, they wouldn't charge for it. that really is the history of tx.

Reactions: zxr750j

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sure that tx will not come to the rescue that I say this: if they do, I will retire. that's how sure I am that they won't do anything. if I were them, I wouldn't. not if people stopped stocking my stuff for fear or being sued. they're not doing this to help the scene. they're doing this to help themselves. no help with any system including the ps4 will come from me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Philipp_94

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like this became another cfw war

I'm a legit user, and I know what kind of shit tx brings to the table. they're the reason the three musketeers released the main key for the ps3. tx was going to release another dongle of some sort based on stolen info. that team needs to be destroyed.

Philipp_94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but xci loading is still a dealbreaker

Tbf, if someone today's wants to buy a switch and hack it, the $45+ are well spent better in a high capacity sd card. I mean, how many games do you need on a console all the time? The switch can work with SD cards up to 2 tb if I'm not mistaken. That's about 150x botw. Who tf needs this amount of games installed?

Looks like this became another cfw war

The war was never over, just some battles ended. This will only end if one cfw will end it's support. And I doubt that this will be ams.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 133 games installed, and I only have a 1TB micro sd with over 200GBs left. most games are compressed to all hell so the xci loading from usb is not really needed. you're more likely to encounter some sort of nintendo limit like the wii u is with 300 tiles, so it may be pointless to use usb, which btw, is xci only afaik, so eshop games mean nothing.

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbf, if someone today's wants to buy a switch and hack it, the $45+ are well spent better in a high capacity sd card. I mean, how many games do you need on a console all the time? The switch can work with SD cards up to 2 tb if I'm not mistaken. That's about 150x botw. Who tf needs this amount of games installed?

People like me only have 512gb micro sd's for both switches because we don't want to spend an insane amount on micro sd's when external hard drives are literally a thing and are great for xci loading, I have a 3tb external drive for $55 and have plenty of storage for games, Again i can't do this for my atmos switch and it sucks.... Not to mention the random crashes I deal with on atmos sometimes. I just flat out get a better experience on sx-os. Also you act like nintendo is literally just done releasing games, we all know the switch will have many more games for years to come so the whole "how many games do you need on a console" is so petty and pointless LMAO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse