Nintendo Switch firmware update 13.1.0 released

46DAEAEB-ECF5-4296-BCF8-72306118483A.png

Nintendo has just put out a small system software update for the Switch. Patch notes for firmware version 13.1.0 explain that this update is meant to add support for the new Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass, which once updated, allows access to Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games. If you're interested in keeping your Switch compatible with CFW, it's best to wait for the all-clear from a reliable developer before updating, as always.

Ver. 13.1.0 (Released October 25, 2021)​

• Added support for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My nephew accidentally updated my switch to 13.1.0 almost right after it was released :cry::cry::cry:

When I tried to boot atmosphere is says "A fatal error occurred when running Fusee. Failed to identify FS!"

Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to wait ???
I would just wait. I'm sure you can spend a couple of days without using your Switch. In the meantime, just watch Netflix, go play outside, read a book, whatever you like.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well I'm glad I didn't update from 12x to 13x on my switches yet. Hopefully the 13.1 support + full release will occur this before this weekend (was planning to do the updates this weekend)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has shipped my genesis controllers. Just need to get my hands on the n64 ones. and, by the looks of things, I will buy the expansion pack, because Nintendo has hopefully come through. I won't know until I receive the joycon in the mail, which I'm assuming will be by the end of this week. perfect timing, I think. I have to renew my subscription to nso on either the 30th or 31st.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks! I recently purchased Horizon Chase Turbo physical but the game kept nagging me to turn OFF airplane mode lol.
Just ignore the nags, as irritating as they are.

Speaking of, it would be nice to have Atmosphere stop displaying those. I'm offline, because I don't need my entire life to be online, ffs Nintendo. I get the point of telling the user about airplane mode being on, but this is overkill.

Reactions: mathew77

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just looked it up. you do receive a discount for the expansion pack if you've already purchased the base nso. it's 5 cents per day of the total remaining days of your subscription, so there's no rush to get it until I get that joycon.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Stability jokes would make sense if the primary function of the update was "stability", but it's not. Otherwise it's just reinforcing your comfort for herd mentality.
The primary function of this update is stability for the majority of users, though. Only 1/3rd of Switch owners subscribed to NSO before they added the expansion pack, and far from all of those subscribers will be shelling out extra for that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my two Mariko switches and not the Erista unpatched one...yet. I was in the middle of playing Metroid Dread, so I got out of the game and updated. what's odd is that upon booting Metroid Dread again it said, "cannot verify Nintendo Switch Online account." I have nso, the base package (checked that it was detected on the eshop, which it was), so I wonder if they're talking about the expansion pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1