Nintendo Switch firmware update 13.1.0 released

46DAEAEB-ECF5-4296-BCF8-72306118483A.png

Nintendo has just put out a small system software update for the Switch. Patch notes for firmware version 13.1.0 explain that this update is meant to add support for the new Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass, which once updated, allows access to Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games. If you're interested in keeping your Switch compatible with CFW, it's best to wait for the all-clear from a reliable developer before updating, as always.

Ver. 13.1.0 (Released October 25, 2021)​

  • Added support for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source
 

zupi

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
143
Trophies
0
Age
34
XP
269
Country
United States
at this point i'm convinced nintendo is in on the stability jokes and just adds that description to get word of the update out there
 

tabzer

Maybe authoritarian
Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2019
Messages
2,580
Trophies
1
Age
37
XP
2,029
Country
Japan
Uhh no. Maybe 2/3rds of the 1/3rd who were already subscribed added the expansion pack. So roughly 22% of Switch owners. For the other 78%, stability and nothing else.
I read it as 1/3 of those subscribed did so before the expansion pack. That's on me.

The primary function of the Switch is not to own one.

It's not that deep.
I am not privy to how many lightbulbs fit into Xzi's ass.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Memoir

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
3,138
Trophies
0
Location
The Magic School Bus
XP
3,025
Country
United States
I'm still salty at the people who went crowing off about how the OLED switch was already hacked, while I've made a point to keep my Mariko model offline in the hopes of a jailbreak. A $200 modchip + $200 install fee with no guarantee of success isn't very appealing. Neither is paying ebay scalpers for an unpatched model, either.
 

Dust2dust

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
1,640
Trophies
1
XP
2,524
Country
Canada
I'm still salty at the people who went crowing off about how the OLED switch was already hacked, while I've made a point to keep my Mariko model offline in the hopes of a jailbreak. A $200 modchip + $200 install fee with no guarantee of success isn't very appealing. Neither is paying ebay scalpers for an unpatched model, either.
You have been a member since 2009 here. So you were in a position to follow all developments on Switch hacks. The console released in 2017 and was fully soft hackable up to summer 2019, probably a little later if you spent the time to look for a hackable unit in store. I'm sorry for your predicament right now, but you should have seen it coming. You should have bought your Switch when it was time to buy it. Basically, you're just late to the party.
 

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
3,138
Trophies
0
Location
The Magic School Bus
XP
3,025
Country
United States
It was a birthday gift to me. And I couldn't just drop the $300 for the console at launch, if I was even able to be where someone had one. The hell do you expect me to do!? :angry:
You have been a member since 2009 here. So you were in a position to follow all developments on Switch hacks. The console released in 2017 and was fully soft hackable up to summer 2019, probably a little later if you spent the time to look for a hackable unit in store. I'm sorry for your predicament right now, but you should have seen it coming. You should have bought your Switch when it was time to buy it. Basically, you're just late to the party.
 

Dust2dust

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
1,640
Trophies
1
XP
2,524
Country
Canada
It was a birthday gift to me. And I couldn't just drop the $300 for the console at launch, if I was even able to be where someone had one. The hell do you expect me to do!? :angry:
It wasn't just launch models that were hackable. As I was saying, a full 2 years passed before Nintendo patched the vulnerability. Granted that the price probably didn't move much from launch models, being Nintendo. In your situation, the less painful solution is probably to hunt for an old unpatched unit locally from an unsuspecting seller at a reasonable price. It could happen. Or you just go legit and buy your games, like at least 80% owners of Switch do.
 

tabzer

Maybe authoritarian
Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2019
Messages
2,580
Trophies
1
Age
37
XP
2,029
Country
Japan
Your posts are as confusing as always.
But at least your keyboard still works.

Angry Mr.Moogle.
What are you confused about?

I don't really think "the primary function of the Switch is not to own one".

That's just as dumb as saying "the update's primary function is stability".

Was it too subtle?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: ngl this song kinda go hard tho